• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Zeroradiant + Features/Bug Fixes Rate Topic: -----

Last hope

#11 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

rfx - this is the most exciting news I've heard in the q3 and urt communities in a long time. I love 1.6! Finally, someone, yourself, has taken the time to bring the 1.5 and 1.4 features over? This makes my week! I'll be monitoring this thread closely.

THANK YOU!

#12 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

If you're going to continue work in this direction, I'm requesting this thread get stickied.

#13 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:51 PM

View Posta wily duck, on 09 January 2010 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'll be monitoring this thread closely.

Monitoring is nice, contribution is better :-) I guess you'd have a lot to say about state of the things.

Either post ideas/problems here or just start them to enter at http://github.com/mf...kRadiant/issues ; the latter has had a peak last weekday thanks to AEon from quake3world.com .

This post has been edited by rfx: 12 January 2010 - 11:40 PM

#14 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

View Postrfx, on 11 January 2010 - 10:51 PM, said:

Monitoring is nice, contribution is better :-) I guess you'd have a lot to say about state of the things.

Either post ideas/problems here or just start them to enter at http://github.com/mf...kRadiant/issues ; the latter has had a peak last weekday thanks to AEon from quake3world.com .

Nice...

Sorry my dev work is already stretched pretty thin working on my existing maps, so my contributions are limited to possible suggestions, etc. I'm happy with any work on the editor for now. :) Haven't checked, only thing I can think of for the moment is getting snapshots to work correctly.

Anyway, thanks again rfx!

#15 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

View Posta wily duck, on 16 January 2010 - 10:56 AM, said:

Haven't checked, only thing I can think of for the moment is getting snapshots to work correctly.

Anything you remember was the problem was with it?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:54 PM

View Postrfx, on 17 January 2010 - 10:45 PM, said:

Anything you remember was the problem was with it?

Never worked. Always had zero byte files. Autosave was pretty much the same, so I've completely discarded the concept of even using it.

#17 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

View Posta wily duck, on 17 January 2010 - 10:54 PM, said:

Never worked. Always had zero byte files. Autosave was pretty much the same, so I've completely discarded the concept of even using it.

I can confirm the snapshot issue but not autosave; the latter simply works for me.

#18 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

Delta NEWS Update (see original post for more details, downloads, etc.):

New:
  • Added CTRL-SHIFT cursor keys to shift and CTRL-SHIFT PageUp/PageDown to rotate textures always by one grid unit (patch by AEon)
  • Added Support to numeric keypad keys for changing the grid (patch by AEon)
  • Add undo protection to texture rotation, scaling and shifting

Changes/Fixes:
  • Possible fix for ghostet out "Misc / Select Entity Color..." menu (patch by AEon)
  • [Windows] Fixed redundant empty lines in commandlist.txt (initial patch by AEon)
  • Fix some torn off menus loosing their bindings in their label (functionality was still there)
  • Lift undo limits: max undo = 2048, default = 1024; max undo memory = 16MB
  • [Windows Vista/W7] Disable desktop composition (ported from NetRadiant rev. 311)
  • Fix snapshots always being truncated to zero length

Those who have been using radiant-1.6.x-mfn-20100107-153436 before are advised to upgrade, as this version unfortunately introduced a bug were single selected face textures could not be shifted/rotated with cursor keys and newly created brushes could not be nudged with cursor keys.

What's the radiant-shift-mouse1-select.exe inside the archive ?

There's also something new in the latest zip archive I'm only going to announce here in the delta, as it's an exception: bundled is a separate radiant-shift-mouse1-select.exe inside, with these additional changes:

• Changed the mouse selection rectangle in vertex mode from filled to outlined
  • Use this same rectangle when doing "select complete tall" brushes with the ALT-MOUSE1 drag combination (the drag combination was there, just no visual cue)
  • Added "select complete partial" brush selection with SHIFT-MOUSE1 drag (like it's available in 1.5)

These changes required touching quite a bit logic and thus are not included in the main line, even not optional, because of their size. The idea is to have people test it separately, get feedback and eventually integrate it into the main line once it's stable.

Currently known issues:
  • Whenever starting a new SHIFT or ALT -MOUSE1 drag, there's a visual glitch at the beginning with the rectangle. It doesn't affect the actual operation in anyway and disappears once the operation is done (or on the next window redraw)

This post has been edited by rfx: 19 January 2010 - 01:01 PM

#19 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:25 PM

Nice.

Question. Do you think I should modify my Linux+Radiant HOWTO (http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/) to use your GIT repository instead of the Zerowing SVN repository? If so, could you one more tell me the commands to check out a fresh copy of the source code? For example the GIT URL and the command-line GIT command.

Or should I leave my tutorial to use the Zerowing SVN? Yours seems to be slightly better. Although, is Zerowing importing your changes?

#20 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

View Postrambetter, on 19 January 2010 - 07:25 PM, said:

Do you think I should modify my Linux+Radiant HOWTO (http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/) to use your GIT repository instead of the Zerowing SVN repository?

What do you think about adding a note about this effort and link to this thread?

So people can first about this effort and then decide whether to give it a try or not. Source download information is included in starter post.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942