Urban Terror Forums: Server Auto-Download Doesn't Seem To Work - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +

Server Auto-Download Doesn't Seem To Work Rate Topic: -----

Clients are unable to download from the server through the game client

#1 User is offline   The Great FeRRoH Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:58 PM

Hello, reader!

Good day! I seek assistance regarding my dilemma. I'm sure you might already have a brief overview of what's going on. However, let me expound on this so we can solve this minor problem together.

First of all, let us define the variables involved in this issue, to wit:
   a. sv_allowdownload; &
   b. sv_dlurl; whereas:
         sv_allowdownload is equal to "1," and
         sv_dlurl can be any of the following according to what I've read online:
               1. urbanterror.info;
               2. urbanterror.net;
               3. downloads.urban-zone.org/maps/; & finally,
               4. the IP address of the server in question.

Now, that we have identified them, let's move on to the next part of tackling our quest. Please be advised that the server has an IP address, albeit without a DNS that resolves to it, which pulls up the default Apache2 page on any browser connected to the Internet. Additionally, I have the custom maps saved in the server's "q3ut4" folder as suggested in the server section of this website. Incidentally, throughout the course of troubleshooting this problem, I have also tried placing the said custom maps in a "maps" and "downloads" sub-folder of the aforementioned folder, at different times, to no avail.

The issue of game clients connected to the server not being able to download the custom maps seems to persist despite the value indicated in "sv_dlurl" and the location of the custom maps in the UrT folder. Any input regarding this matter will certainly be appreciated.

Thank you, reader, for your time, and I hope that we can come to a final and workable conclusion regarding this trifling matter that boggles my mind up to this very day.

Best regards,

"You can never change the world because the world changes you."

~The Great FeRRoH~

#3 User is offline   The Great FeRRoH Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 13 April 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Hi,

What's the IP address of your server? What is the value that you have entered in the "sv_dlURL" cvar?

The IP address is "150.95.141.109." However, currently, I'm using "urbanterror.info." I reverted it back to that since nothing really works at all.

~The Great FeRRoH~

#5 User is offline   The Great FeRRoH Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 13 April 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Well "urbanterror.info" works, right? So what is the value that doesn't work? I can't help you if you don't provide me enough information. :)

What doesn't work is the game clients connected to the server trying to download the map. They won't be able to download the map regardless of what value I place in the sv_dlurl variable. It's weird.

~The Great FeRRoH~

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   The Great FeRRoH Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 13 April 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

So are you confirming that it doesn't work even with "urbanterror.info" as a value for this variable? May I connect to your server and check it out?

Yes, sir, on both accounts.

~The Great FeRRoH~

#9 User is offline   The Great FeRRoH Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 13 April 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

Your server is not running, I cannot check it out.

You can try with port number 27961 or 27962.

~The Great FeRRoH~

#10 User is offline   travmon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: travmon

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

Did you put the maps in one of these locations depending on your os, /srv/http/q3ut4 or /var/www/q3ut4/

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942