Urban Terror Forums: Dallas server being listed as Western Canada? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dallas server being listed as Western Canada? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   anarchycarn Icon

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

hello, was curious if there was anything I could to make my server show up as USA instead of Canada?

http://www.urbanterr...148.6.25:27960/

207.148.6.25:27960

looked over server.cfg & couldn't see anything.

Thanks!

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

Well no. The server location displayed on this website, and most other clients that do this (e.g. Qtracker), is solely based on an IP location lookup. This returns Canada for your given IP, see, e.g. this.

The only thing i can think of is that you could 'hint' the servers location in your config, like you already did with the servers name. Additionally, you could do

sets " Location" "USA/Dallas"

But that wont show up unless someone opens the server details ingame or anywhere else.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: drunkrabbit
  • Main tag: |RFA|

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostIye, on 05 February 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

Well no. The server location displayed on this website, and most other clients that do this (e.g. Qtracker), is solely based on an IP location lookup. This returns Canada for your given IP, see, e.g. this.

The only thing i can think of is that you could 'hint' the servers location in your config, like you already did with the servers name. Additionally, you could do

sets " Location" "USA/Dallas"

But that wont show up unless someone opens the server details ingame or anywhere else.

Also if your server is in Dallas, You should contact the hosting company of your server and ask why it's showing a Canadian IP.

I did a trace route to your server from New Orleans . I actually jump over to Europe and back until I reach your server.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by drunkrabbit: 06 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942