• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

mod db info Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Spectre Icon

• Account: spectre

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

Thirty maps including many old favourites like Docks, Ricochet and Revolution are being updated for 4.2. Dragonne and QueenBee are working hard on their maps. The player skins have been updated and a public test was conducted to determine the ones that suited the majority of gamers. The skins are designed to be seen due to the speed of the game. The unzoom on the SR8 has been changed so it does not unzoom when legs are hit and possibly the threshold will be changed. New grenade and blood effects. Armbands now show team colour for enemies no matter how they are set. Team mates' individual colours will continue to be shown in game and on the hud. You now have to crouch to pick up a weapon; no more gathering of weapons you don't want. Buga and exploits are being looked at and fixed.  Last Man Standing has been returned to the game after many years. It's Free For All without respawn. Very fun. Jump Training is designed to help teach gamers how to jump in Urban Terror. This gametype will work on maps specifically designed for jumping or regular gameplay maps. The mapper will be able to add goals and trace the jump routes to show gamers how to do them. That's it for now. We will keep you posted as development continues.

docks :) :) :) and the unzoom, and the crouching for weapons, and LMS and a jump mode

fucking awesome

#2 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:41 PM

Great news on weapon pickups and team colors. LMS could be pretty fun, more so than FFA at least. As far as sr8 tweaks, yea I guess keep tweaking that gun... it's so minor I don't even really care anymore.

Great to hear we're getting new grenade/blood effects (gibs maybe!?? woohoo!). As far as nade effects go, I know there's going to be an explosion sprite used.. but how about those cool dust particles from ET? The nade splosions in that game are pretty nifty looking.

Best news though? ALL THE MOTHER f'k NEW MAPS! f'k yes! I'm so f'k excited about that!

Thinking about it though.. you know what's sad? Everybody is still just going to want to play goddamn Abbey all the time...

#3 User is offline   DiMiTrI (old) Icon

• LocationItaly

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

All good news imho, except crouching for weapons.

#4 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 06 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

All good news imho, except crouching for weapons.

Yeah, actually it might be nice to have crouching just be for picking up accessories like kevlar... but most games seem to use the crouching principle so it shouldn't be that hard to get used to.

#5 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:57 PM

Posted Image

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

oh yeaaaaaaaah, I especially like the idea of only picking up weapons when crouched so I can walk around more stealthfully  :evil:
yay for the other changes as well, glad the last man standing mode came back  8-)

#7 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

WOOT

i have missed those maps SO much!!!!!

and new gametypes and crouching pickups!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOT

#8 User is offline   restless Icon

• Account: restless
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

made me sick for a while cause it was played to much, but now i really really miss it.
and i think most of the uptown only servers will go back to uptown/docks servers(like it was before 4.0):D:D:D

#9 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

Revolution! Ricochet! WOOHOO!

Of course I knew about this before this post but had to keep my mouth shut. Now I dont have to explode trying to keep it in.

#10 User is offline   Dragonne Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: dragonne

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

Thirty maps??? ROFLCOPTER! Where do people get their information?

Come to think of it, where'd this info come from in the first place?  :-o

EDIT: Oh, heh... BK made the comment to ModDB. :oops: Thirty maps... holy crap. I best get back to work. :?

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942