Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Jump Map (old topic) Rate Topic: **--- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   SeleNiuM (old) Icon

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:26 AM

The following topic is almost a year old. I'm looking for anyone who tested this with me to see if they still have it.

Well with my latest project so near completion I figured I'd show it off at this moment only 5 or 6 people even knew about it. it was in private testing with ONLY Sk8tre and I once it was pretty ok I let 2 more people test with their opinions the map has much better lighting then my old map and the jumps are alright they'll take some time to get them. It *MAY* be ready by sunday I'm not sure on it yet here's some spoilers :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

as you may or may not know I made this map over a year ago. back when I didn't even know what a vis stage was ;) many many noob map maker errors here I lost the map back when I reinstalled my operating system. Anomaly got me the .pk3 I had sent him it was an older version. in this version you can lemming on the top corner of the halfpipes. so I'll throw this beta out for people to play with. so I'm going to make a new topic for this map because of all the pre-beta discussion.

http://forums.urbant...3-ut4-jumpvibe/

This post has been edited by SeleNiuM: 02 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

#2 User is offline   Nightcrawl (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

Screens doesn't say much about how it is playing/jumping. But by judging by the looks, you could improve it with using more light-emitting shaders instead of the light-entities. Makes it more natural and good looking.

edit: Just realized, that the word "natural" perhaps doesn't add much to these kinds of level. Although, it's still good practice.

Many jump maps around could easily be put into some "theme" that would make it look more like a map. Exchange floating brushes with light posts or something. Pendulums with car models going back and forth etc.
And then just clip everything where the player isn't supposed to be going, and if needed, make some indicators of where to jump.

#3 User is offline   apath0 (old) Icon

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

looks very promising, cant wait to try it!

#4 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

F1 for using light emitting shaders. Also, are you planning on trying out a regular non jump map anytime soon? :D

#5 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

LOL there's going to be ALOT of non-jump maps coming out from what I've seen. :wink:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   SeleNiuM (old) Icon

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

Xero yes I am but not now not for awhile my next idea is somewhat of what nightcrawl said something like parkour gamma's first jump that's what I've wanted to do but didn't have the talent well now that I'm better I'll be able to do that kind of stuff. and satiable is right no need to complain there's enough new maps coming out that a jump map isn't going to kill us. (it's not as bad as it was ;)  )

#7 User is offline   SeleNiuM (old) Icon

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:48 AM

Hey, I'm looking for the map file .pk3 bsp w/e to this I lost it when I reinstalled my Operating System. if anyones got it let me know please.

#8 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

Oooo, I wish I were leet enough to test your map (like be one of the 5 God-chosen testers).

#9 User is offline   Anomaly Icon

• Account: anomaly
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:20 AM

Im looking :] Remember testing this  :-D

edit: i found it and you have it now 8-)

#10 User is offline   Richardyourgod Icon

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

so when is the release ?:lol:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942