Urban Terror Forums: To the more antisocial portion of these forums a question: - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

To the more antisocial portion of these forums a question: Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

Aardwolf is still running. However, 4 years ago they had over 2000 people on at a time, now its down to like 300.

I've considered starting a mud back up again and getting back into coding but I dont want to run an empty game.

#32 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

Aardwolf is still running. However, 4 years ago they had over 2000 people on at a time, now its down to like 300.

I've considered starting a mud back up again and getting back into coding but I dont want to run an empty game.

I just had a look at some servers, its pretty damn active still I think I may give some a go, probably better supported than bloody WoW was! ah how sad are we going back to text based games these days :P

well if you do start a MuD give me a shout, I'm going to try and see if any of my old zones are around, made loads they were being used without my permission in some other MuDs who knows maybe I can get it back from them.

#33 User is offline   Hippie (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

OMG WHAT A NOOB THREAD -- wahhhhhhh people arent nice on the forums. Let me go wallow in text based glory.
Your a moron, and everyone that replied to this thread is a moron-sheep-thing.

Wahhuh?
come on' its a freekin joke!
hahahahah nubs.

#34 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:53 PM

everyone that replied to this thread is a moron-sheep-thing

:roll:

#35 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

OMG WHAT A NOOB THREAD -- wahhhhhhh people arent nice on the forums. Let me go wallow in text based glory.
Your a moron, and everyone that replied to this thread is a moron-sheep-thing.

Wahhuh?
come on' its a freekin joke!
hahahahah nubs.

someone came off his meds too soon

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

well if you do start a MuD give me a shout, I'm going to try and see if any of my old zones are around, made loads they were being used without my permission in some other MuDs who knows maybe I can get it back from them.

I'm downloading mandriva right now to run under VMware player so I can do a bit of coding and testing. Just trying to decide on a codebase. I am really considering SMAUG. As for your zone/area files, I dont think they will work as is under SMAUG meaning they would have to be redone in the in game building tools.

#37 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:54 AM

Haha, he's probably talking about me, I am a bitter asshole, I don't like certain things and if you touch those subjects I end up getting pissy and rude, but I can and do help if they are truly in need of help(I don't hold peoples hands threw it, but ill showem where to get the answer)

yup that about describes me, and if anybody has a problem with me or thinks I'm an ***hole JOIN THE CLUB, ok I'm tired of people making threads about crap like "why are people so mean" or "these forums are getting out of control" or some other crap ok, now those of you who have no problems with me i like but people who do have problems with me can go somewhere else because i could care less about what they have to say to me. (i am not talking bout anybody in particular.)

#38 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:39 AM

Yea, dk has a point, KEEP this thread ON topic!!! Only whiney noob posts and ol assholes post, no talk of being friendly, and especially no talk of MuDs!!! Didn't they die when wolf3d came out? Haha joking

#39 User is offline   Mrnoluck (old) Icon

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

I'm downloading mandriva right now to run under VMware player so I can do a bit of coding and testing. Just trying to decide on a codebase. I am really considering SMAUG. As for your zone/area files, I dont think they will work as is under SMAUG meaning they would have to be redone in the in game building tools.

they worked in a few codebases though ours was from scratch it had no basis in any of the generic codebase (and so no licensing issues like 99.9pct of the other muds out there) the original BI was circle based which was restrictive, still porting them to a base that didnt recognise them was painstaking thats for sure, im not sure if smaug was one or not, I know they ported fine to GW muds without any changes needing to be made.

after being reminded about the good times I checked some muds out, found kavir playing on GW 2 I didnt realise he was still keeping it running, hes doing fixes near daily, might get him to add some groundfighting moves I know to it :)

#40 User is offline   Hippie (old) Icon

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

someone came off his meds too soon

meds? whos got meds?

DONT HIDE EM' DIVIDE EM'!

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942