Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_synjumps_b1 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SinfulDesires (old) Icon

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:39 AM

My first jump map, work in progress of course... only 10 jumps, Secret Room, etc. I made it to be medium/hard, probably level 6-7 difficulty on a scale of 1 to 10. All jumps are possible. Download it, play it, and give me some feedback on it if you please. Have fun too!
http://www.ksamaps.c...synjumps_b1.pk3

P.S. to N00b|Syn,

Then name is not meant to take your name or anything. My name in-game is |KSA|Synister, and the name of the map is Synister Jumps. I just abbreviated it with synjumps. I hope it's ok... if not, let me know and I'll change it.

#2 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:50 AM

I can't see the map at the link you gave

#3 User is offline   SinfulDesires (old) Icon

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:52 AM

I can't see the map at the link you gave

oh... HAH! I forgot to finish the rest of the link! Thanks for pointing that out.

#4 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:17 AM

Cool, just did it, good job :-D

#5 User is offline   SinfulDesires (old) Icon

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:19 AM

Thanks. You passed the whole map already?! HAX! I made most of the jumps just to make people think. The first few jumps were just easy jumps with some walls made un-walljumpable, so you have to do it in a different way.

Anyway, glad you liked it! Anything you think I should change, or add, tell me.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Shadowhawk (old) Icon

• LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:22 AM

Good job dude, especially for your first map.  I like the idea of non-walljumpable walls, makes it a bit more interesting in figuring out how to do the jumps.

The toughest/most frustrating for me was definitely the balance beam one.

One suggestion: On the last jump it's easy to hurt yourself on the ladder going up to the starting area if you miss the jump to the platform directly above it.  If you miss the jump short, you usually end up landing on the ladder, which causes damage.  Maybe have a teleport at the bottom instead of having the ladder? Unless of course you wanted it that way.

Also, if you're looking to make it a bit more difficult, you could probably extend a couple of the jumps.  Particularly the speed slide one, you could make the sliding part a lot longer, or maybe add some more platforms before it.

Good job on the map, keep it up.

#7 User is offline   Flinn (old) Icon

• LocationArkansas

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:28 AM

beat it
first try
:D

some feedbacks
u forgot to add the ladder texture into your .pk3
shows missing textures on some comps
plz make the jump ground teleporter back to the start of the jump
i havent made a map or even touched gtkradiant in a while so i forget the command
func_teleport i think
cause its really annoying having to climb the ladder over and over again if u fail.

#8 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:30 AM

cause its really annoying having to climb the ladder over and over again if u fail.

+1

#9 User is offline   SinfulDesires (old) Icon

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:37 AM

Ok. The ladder texture is in the .pk3. idk why it doesn't work on some comps...

On jump 10, i retextured the ladder back to the cement and put 2 ladder poles next to the walls to cut down on being hurt.

On the ladders, I thought of doing the teleporter, but then we would have the problem of telefragging and all that jazz. The beginning platforms of the jumps are rather small, so i would prefer not to put the teleports in, although i might put some portals in jump 3 near the end and in the corner that transport you to the ladder so it'll be faster.

I also fixed the phail exit texture at the end...

Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on it and put some new jumps in for beta 2.

#10 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

nice map, played to finish at home in 45 min, except jump6 the speedjump with slide at end which i only grabbed. Its a bit to fast for me :)

2 places to get hurt, indeed at last jump 10, and also at jump 4 or 5?,  that easy Going Up part. Also there, if u fall on the edge above the red climb-wall, u got hurt.

At home I did not have missing textures, like on the urtjumpers server

Teleportes, mmm, first jumps are indeed easy, so no need for me

GL, I like the jumps where you have to fall/drop first before starting real jumping

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942