UrT Pickup Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Tidus Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: tidus

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

#urtpickup #urtpickup.ts and #urtpickup.bm on IRC Quakenet

For American-based pickup, check UrtPug

Welcome to UrT Pickup!

UrT Pickup is a Bot Driven community, you are welcome to join our IRC Channels and !add to the game. All we ask is you obey our rules and respect our fellow players... You can join us by connecting an irc client to irc.quakenet.org and joining channel #urtpickup (CTF) or #urtpickup.ts

How does it work?

It is very simple to join a pick up game.

1. Enter #urtpickup (for CTF) or #urtpickup.ts (for Team Survivor) on irc.quakenet.org; using your favorite irc client.
2. Type !add and press enter to join the players list.
3. Once enough players have joined, you will be sent a private message with a server ip and password. The name of both captains will be announced on the irc channel.
4. Join the server using the ip/password provided and stay in spectator. If you have been designated as a captain, please auto-join a team.
5. A 1v1 with knives will take place between both captains, the winner gets to pick the first player.
6. Both captains will then take turns choosing their players. When chosen, join your captain's team.
7. Have Fun!

Rules

All we ask is you abide by the following rules. Failure to do so will have consequences.

1. Equality
Respect all players, regardless of skill level or ethnicity.

2. Be there if you !add
If you sign up to a game, turn up to the game. If you do not show, you may be banned from future PickUp Games unless YOU find a ringer to take your place. Let us make this clear, finding a ringer is YOUR responsibility.

3. Stay Spectator until Chosen.
Once you enter the server, stay as a spectator until you are chosen by a Captain.

4. Fairness
Do not cheat. We don't allow hacks or scripts that give you an advantage over your enemies.

5. Captains
Captains may be chosen at random, but Captains are captains. This gives everyone an equal chance of leading a team. Captains must be obeyed and respected as you would your clan leaders. It adds to the organisation of the game.

6. Speed.
Once a game has started, get to the server ASAP. Once you have been picked, join the team ASAP.

7. IRC
Do not spam the chat room. Do not !add if you are already +voiced. Do not !remove if you are already unvoiced. Most importantly, do NOT spam commands such as !lostpass. Spamming will get you a 24 hour ban.

#2 User is offline   PacMan (old) Icon

• LocationUK

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:16 AM

Just a quick thankyou to Tidus for posting this here *thankyou <3*.

UrTPickUp is a well administrated community service. We allow you the privilege of joining a Pick Up Game (PUG) with other UrT Players and get a professional-style game going.
The reason I say well administrated is we have a set of rules. And those who don't obey the rules have their privilege revoked for a certain amount of time (No Permanent Bans Yet apart from Hackers). The reason for this 'harsh' administration is to bring a better and more organised game to those that do obey the rules, and those that obey the rules stay in our channel and play day in day out.

We welcome you guys to:

CTF PickUp
irc://irc.quakenet.org/urtpickup

Team Survivor PickUp
irc://irc.quakenet.org/urtpickup.ts

:)

#3 User is offline   Flinn (old) Icon

• LocationArkansas

Posted 08 August 2009 - 03:27 AM

it would also help others to know that urtpug is MAINLY for american players
and urtpickup is designed for euros.

#4 User is offline   Tidus Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: tidus

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

You're welcome PacMan :)

Good point Flinn, added that to both topics, thanks!

#5 User is offline   CanOfAwp (old) Icon

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

Nice!  Pick up games was a great addition to urban terror!  Good job all of you! :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   AO2/Smithie (old) Icon

• LocationUK

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:03 PM

Lots of fun!

#7 User is offline   Sirmimer Icon

• Account: sirmimer

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:31 AM

There should be made #urtpickup.pro or something like that : x

#8 User is offline   aspergersman Icon

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Are there any plans for a USA based pickup game because I play on different servers and it is mayhem all the time I sometimes feel lost like where am I where is my team and why am I playing at 4 am in my boxer shorts and I forgot to feed my iguana again and they are going to take it away if I forget to buy crickets again.

So when is the USA launch window anyway?

#9 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

There is #pugbot on Quakenet or irc.gamesurge.net . It's a TS pickup mostly used by north Americans.
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942