Urban Terror Forums: Optimized .exe; builds of ioq3 engine - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Optimized .exe; builds of ioq3 engine Rate Topic: ***** 17 Votes

With GoogleTranslate, Bumpy, dmaHD, iKALiZER, Raw Mouse, Bug Fixes, ..

#41 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:26 PM

these are the vars from ioquake3's documentation:

s_useOpenAL - use the OpenAL sound backend if available
s_alPrecache - cache OpenAL sounds before use
s_alGain - the value of AL_GAIN for each source
s_alSources - the total number of sources (memory) to
allocate
s_alDopplerFactor - the value passed to alDopplerFactor
s_alDopplerSpeed - the value passed to alDopplerVelocity
s_alMinDistance - the value of AL_REFERENCE_DISTANCE for
each source
s_alMaxDistance - the maximum distance before sounds start
to become inaudible.
s_alRolloff - the value of AL_ROLLOFF_FACTOR for each
source
s_alGraceDistance - after having passed MaxDistance, length
until sounds are completely inaudible
s_alDriver - which OpenAL library to use
s_alDevice - which OpenAL device to use
s_alAvailableDevices - list of available OpenAL devices

I can't claim I understand them all.

#42 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

another small update, cl_drawFPS is included:

Posted Image

It's equivalent to ping meter. It can show max FPS drop (instead of ping spike) and goes again through standard deviation and mean drops as in equivalent values in ping meter.

It may be more accurate than the mod's FPS meter (on its base value on the top) because it goes through the calc each global loop (each frame) while the mod probably goes through it every 4 frames (if judged by the cgame code).
Also, it should be taken into account that frames per second in the game are very related to networking and generally the way the game works; if there is no frame, there is no information send for example (this relation of FPS with gameplay is the reason the mod has FPS limited).

source 7z also updated.

zip in 1st post updated with the above change.

their positioning can be a tough issue but they can be moved around a lot with cl_drawfps/pingposy/x (their resolution can be highered but it's already a bit high). I've put them by default above the 'health status' pic at the moment. I personally have them on the top left (assuming hit msgs disabled) though the second may have to go a bit lower 'cause its distracted by the voting text.

note: a 'this might be built with a buggy compiler' is a wrong warning which has been fixed by ioq3 and will be uploaded next update. no point doing it before since it's just a warning text changing.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 18 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

#43 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:08 AM

This now also has a snaps / second meter, a more esoteric approach to meters that shouldn't be that useful to the majority of players.

Posted Image

An extra indication is 'Delayed' snaps, those are the throttled snaps by the server to save bandwidth based on sv_maxrate and rate (e.g. you will a lot on 10000 rate / sv_maxrate on a big server).

Extrapolation and dropped packets can not be shown, at least not easily. This is because those are handled by the cgame portion which is mod code, not easily accessible by the client.

A very interesting indication coming from this meter is that snaps locked at 20 in urt (or on baseq3) show a constant deviation of 2-3 SPS. This is not the case on 25 or 125 where the number is solid and it again trembles on 40 or 60. I suspect it may be better for the mod to put it on 25 or something else stable but not sure. a thread for this is here: http://forums.urbant...haps-important/

#44 User is offline   grapefruit (old) Icon

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

Hmm, can't seem to start this build .. double-click = nothing happens, not even an error message. I tried the " ioquake3-urt .exe mainly for technical support " one and it worked on first attempt, what might be the problem ? My CPU is sempron 2300+ (you can see why i want the optimization) and GPU GF 7600 GS. Using XP. I don't know exactly what would be vital info but the logfile (if that indeed is the logfile just says this)

ioquake3-urt 1.36-urt win_msvc-x86 Nov 20 2009
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Documents and Settings\myusernamewascencoredfromhere\Application Data\Quake3/q3ut4
E:\UrbanTerror41\q3ut4\zpak000_assets.pk3 (7933 files)
E:\UrbanTerror41\q3ut4\zpak000.pk3 (99 files)
E:\UrbanTerror41/q3ut4

----------------------
8032 files in pk3 files

If someone has an idea how to fix this then would be greatly appreciated.

#45 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

well it does attempt to run so no issue with downloading; no idea. are the files/positions of file in order? it seems to be related to that.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   grapefruit (old) Icon

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

they should be as when i put the other ioquake .exe in it overwrote 3 of the 4 files. :/
even tried making a clean urt install in another drive but it didn't have any effect.

This post has been edited by grapefruit: 20 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

#47 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

dunno, the only thing I can think of is positions of files.

this only needs:

- exe and dlls anywhere
- q3ut4 dir with its proper urt files in it

well, I heard program files may be wierd in behavior, a x:/urt/q3ut4 (with .exe/dlls in x:/urt) should be fine.

it has no difference from iourt.exe in that, it just goes in same place.

i can't think what else to add in this thing. meters probably reached their limit.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 21 November 2009 - 01:49 AM

#48 User is offline    DP  (old) Icon

• LocationKaliforn-i-a

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:34 AM

mitsubishi, i can run your latest build, but the video stutters all over and the audio seems to do the same plus cracks and pops. It's really weird. Are there particular cvars that must be set a certain way for it to work correctly?

#49 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

try s_useOpenAL "0"

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

#50 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

that should probably be 0 by default because even if I set it in the engine, it's forced by default.cfg in urt.

View PostDP, on 21 November 2009 - 05:34 AM, said:

Are there particular cvars that must be set a certain way for it to work correctly?

no. there's nothing that needs to be set differently for common gameplay.

edit: btw, oops. interval 2 for drawping was considered the same with 1 after a recent update. fixed.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 21 November 2009 - 04:32 PM

• (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942