Urban Terror Forums: opengl - GLW_ChoosePFD failed - again :( - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

opengl - GLW_ChoosePFD failed - again :( Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

I suspect there's something serious going wrong with the drivers installation. Try to remove any trace of them and install a new one. It might help if you find a guide on google on how to remove any trace of the driver even if everything looks removed. hm Safe mode might help.

#12 User is offline   saftnase (old) Icon

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:29 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 24 December 2009 - 02:38 PM, said:

I suspect there's something serious going wrong with the drivers installation. Try to remove any trace of them and install a new one. It might help if you find a guide on google on how to remove any trace of the driver even if everything looks removed. hm Safe mode might help.

Ok, it is solved now... just so it may help someone else: I removed the file "opengl32.dll" from the folder "WINDOWS/system32". I was only able to do that in safe mode with command line. Then i downloaded a new copy of the file somewhere (dll-downloads.com" or something like that) and put it in the system32 folder. This file is not included in the drivers from Nvidia. Then it worked. I have absolutely no clue why.

Thanks everyone for your help.

#13 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:38 AM

This file is provided by Windows and it's not part of any OpenGL driver from a specific hardware manufacturer; it's simply a "router" or a wrapper of info from an OpenGL application to the actual OpenGL drivers of a card.

Hence ideally if you lose it you find it from the Windows CD/DVD or its updates, not from the driver of the card.

btw, it can also be put into a game's directory to be read from there; so one can try different versions in case that's needed.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 28 December 2009 - 02:40 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942