• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Zeroradiant + Features/Bug Fixes Rate Topic: -----

Last hope

#1 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Post icon  Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:56 PM

Hi,

I like GtkRadiant 1.5 very much, but it misses some features only present in 1.4/1.6 aka ZeroRadiant. I decided to grab ZeroRadiant and in turn add those pieces I miss from 1.5:

New features in ZeroRadiant/1.6:
  • Ported from 1.5: Support for fixed texture size in texture browser

My brain really couldn't handle the different sized textures in the texture window at all. This option can be activated via a new menu entry, see http://my-serve.rs/t...exture_size.png . The uniform size is 128x128 pixels (like in 1.5) . They size itself can be changed, but I made no GUI entry for it (didn't seem reasonable enough for me); if you really need, adjust the TextureUniformSize setting in your local.pref or wherever it is stored.

Variable sized textures: http://my-serve.rs/t...re_variable.jpg
    Fixed sized textures: http://my-serve.rs/t...xture_fixed.jpg

• Ported from 1.5: Support forward/backward strafing in 3D view when in freelook mode

Pressing CTRL-SHIFT and moving the mouse forwards/backwards allows strafing into/out of the camera view. It's essentially the same as wheel up/down, but not with a fixed step size but dependent on how much you move the mouse -> ideal for fine tuning the placement of the camera.

It's a great addition to the existing CTRL and mouse move strafe behavior; just press and hold SHIFT additionally to fine grade move the camera forwards/backwards where it is pointing to.

I gave this feature a GUI pref to invert the mouse movement; the default is like the one 1.5 which, you guessed, I didn't liked :) because it felt, well, inverted.

• Store state of crosshair (activate/deactivate with SHIFT-X) in local.conf

• Add Undo/Redo to toolbar

• Add pref for specifying a pango font string for the font used in the ortho and texture browser view.

The config key is "GlFont", the string needs to be a format pango can parse, example: "Arial 10".

If the given font descriptor can't be resolved, the application reverts to the default "courier 8". Note: there's *no* GUI for that yet.

To easily test this: start the updated Radiant once, exit, go into your local.conf, search for GlFont and change it's value, start Radiant.

• Ported from 1.5: Alternative algorithm to draw the grid.

At lower zoom levels the grid felt too pervasive, the algorithm used in 1.5 felt more pleasant to me.

Compare before and after. This needs to be activated in the Preferences (Display -> 2D Display/Rendering -> Draw alternative grid). Doesn't play nice with the "Q3Radiant Original" theme, though.

• Textool plugin: texture dialog can now be resized, mouse wheel supports zooming.

• [Linux] Re-worked File Open dialog, use GtkFileChooserDialog, add file filters.

• Added ability to undo the following operations:

• nudge any selection
    • Entities dialog:
      • changing entity clas
      • changing key/val
      • deleting key/val
      • reset entity
      • changing to preset angle

• Clear undo history when loading or creating a new map.

• Always mark a map as modified after an undo-able action has been recorded (instead of starting to cluttering the whole code with explicit calls to do that).

• Added CTRL-SHIFT cursor keys to shift and CTRL-SHIFT PageUp/PageDown to rotate textures always by one grid unit (patch by AEon)

• Added Support to numeric keypad keys for changing the grid (patch by AEon)

• Add undo protection to texture rotation, scaling and shifting

On the way I also found some bugs or was notified of them:

Bug fixes in ZeroRadiant/1.6
  • [Linux] Fix loading of models with upper case letters in path name

This is an intrinsic change and probably affects all file loading paths. This change also leads to mixed case letters now showing up in a model entity path name. Reported by Rambetter.

• [Linux] Fix crash and data loss when saving shader, reported by Rambetter.

• Fix crash in model plugin when shut down or loading new map.

• Fix race condition crash: cannot open prefs when no game is selected.

• Fix crashes in textool plugin (i.e. make it work again), see sample screenshot working with it on a patch

• [Windows] Enabled the following plugins: textool, bobtoolz, spritemodel, hydratoolz (includes vfswad support), ufoai, PrtView and gtkgensurf. They were all available on Linux already.

• Fix crash when loading or importing maps from files without extension.

• Fix undo loosing entities.

If you moved a fixedsize entity (e.g. light, ammo, etc.) and undo'd the operation, only the brush used for interacting was undo'd, not the entity itself, it remained in its original position.

• Disable color scaling when changing entity color from color chooser.

Previously, the RGB colors were always normalized to the highest value of one of the RGB color values.

• Sync main window title with undo/redo and on disk saved states

Previously this was never really in sync. After saving a map, doing undo/redo operation still marked the map as being modified although it matched the last saved state on disk.

• Don't clear undo history when opening preference dialog

Previously the undo history was completely trashed always. Now we only trash it if the undo buffer actually changes and is less than the current number of undo levels in the buffer.

• Possible fix for ghostet out "Misc / Select Entity Color..." menu (patch by AEon)

• [Windows] Fixed redundant empty lines in commandlist.txt
    The commandlist.txt can be generated by opening the "Help / Shortcut list" menu

• Fix some torn off menus loosing their bindings in their label (functionality was still there)

• Lift undo limits:
    • Before: max undo = 64, default = 30; max undo memory = 2MB
    • After: max undo = 2048, default = 1024; max undo memory = 16MB

• [Windows Vista/W7] Disable desktop composition
    Ported from NetRadiant rev. 311

• Fix snapshots always being truncated to zero length
    I.e. they didn't work before at all. Beware of a gotcha: If you enable snapshots and load a map from the snapshots directory, e.g. maps/snapshots/yourmap.12.map , enabled snapshots in succession would create maps/snapshots/snapshots/yourmap.12.0.map from that. Better import or move/copy your map first!

The source changes are up at http://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant in the mfn branch (it's the default anyway).

Installation:

YOU NEED AN EXISTING WORKING ZERORADIANT AND GAMEPACK INSTALLATION

BACK UP ALL YOUR EXISTING FILES

Windows:

Binaries are available from radiant-1.6.x-mfn-20100119-122350.zip . Unpacking them in your existing ZeroRadiant installation directory will overwrite all required files and place new files (e.g. NEWS/TODO files, icons, etc.).

If there's a missing DLL problem about msvcr90.dll, you also need the redistributed runtime from M$: http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en (it's about 1.7MB). I compiled the binary with MS Visual C++ 2008, thus it may require this one.

Source:

Download the source with these changes from http://github.com/mf...5fb00954d4365c.

See http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/ for tips about compiling under Linux.

Older releases:

This post has been edited by rfx: 19 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

#2 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

oooooh, i'm a 1.5 man myself too, but on windows. thanks for this, will be good when i get back to mapping to make a half decent map (in the hopefully not too distant future)are you going to add/fix other things in 1.5 too? i cant remember off the top of my head what those things were... but i remember going back and forth using 1.5 mainly, then a few things which were quicker/easier to do in zero-radiant

#3 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

View PostYas, on 26 December 2009 - 03:37 PM, said:

are you going to add/fix other things in 1.5 too?

I'll only work on ZeroRadiant, not on the 1.5 branch. Reason? The code base is so much different and the code in 1.5 is really hard to work with, 1.6 in comparison is much cleaner. But rephrasing your question: am I going to add/fix other things in 1.6? Yes, maybe. Depends on feedback, how much time I have, if my skill are good enough, etc. My next plan is to bring more of the texture browser of 1.5 to 1.6 (the shader/texture browser tree), but that looks like a bigger task.

#4 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: sneaks
  • Main tag: =-KMA-=

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:56 AM

ggrrrgl... drooole

sounds nice, have issues getting my head around 1.5, and Im not re-building it.

Ill have a look at your zero radiant version and give you feedback from a noob mappers perspective, as you stated, when i find the time. Im a huge fan of mapping and if anything could make it easier, smoother it pays off 10 fold.

#5 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

You know, what the (un)funny thing is .. I mean maybe I'm completely retarded, but I try to improve the version so I can actually work with it; I even fail to work on the map I created with 1.5 and having real crashes and saving the map removes certain func_group from it and I'm sitting here like "how the hell did anyone ever create a map with it". So, it's an interesting journey here.

This post has been edited by rfx: 29 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

Delta NEWS Update (see original post for more details, downloads, etc.):

Features:
  • Ported from 1.5: Alternative algorithm to draw the grid.
  • Textool plugin: texture dialog can now be resized, mouse wheel supports zooming.
  • [Linux] Re-worked File Open dialog, use GtkFileChooserDialog, add file filters.

Fixes:
  • Fix crash when loading or importing maps from files without extension.
  • Fix undo loosing entities.

#7 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:30 AM

does this work with mac?

if not, this is not relevant to my interest

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#8 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:33 AM

I've no Mac and thus way of testing.

Volunteers are welcome :-)

Edit: if ZeroRadiant compiles under Mac, then my modification should too (assuming I didn't introduce a bug, which should be easy to fix).

Edit 2: would be awesome if someone with Mac could give it a spin

This post has been edited by rfx: 06 January 2010 - 07:40 AM

#9 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:49 PM

Delta NEWS Update (see original post for more details, downloads, etc.):

New:
  • Protected more operations via undo (nudging selection, changing entity key/values from dialog)
  • Clear undo history when loading or creating a new map.
  • Always mark a map as modified after an undo-able action has been recorded.

Changes:
  • Disable color scaling when changing entity color from color chooser.
  • Sync main window title with undo/redo and on disk saved states.
  • Don't clear undo history when opening preference dialog.

#10 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:59 AM

Awesome.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942