#2 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

Looks promising :)

#3 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

Show some promise... the shading, texturing, and modeling are nicely done... it's a little small for My tastes since I mostly play on full 20 person TDM. I'd love to see another street and another level to the building... maybe other buildings you could go in... or maybe some fire escapes to climb?

The whole thing feels... miniaturized. Ceilings feel low, car is tiny, etc. Seems like scaling things up just a bit would help as well.

Issues:

Can't jump on the little balcony by the red car from the side, but can from the front. Also can't jump on the roof next to it when it seems like you should. If you don't want people up there, maybe put a fence or just make it much taller or something.

The little broken wall in the office works fine from the (seemingly unnecessary) ladder, but trying to go out the hole from the office you hit the wall because it's a little too narrow.

The brown door in the upper office doesn't lead anywhere and feels like it should. Also... if you're standing off towards the right hand side of it and facing it... and try to open it... you get the weird quake 3 door switch sound from the gray door... making you think it should be opening also even when it's not designed to.

Can't leap out the windows once broken in the front office... it would be nice because it seems easy to get trapped in there without much reason to go in there other than sniping out the window... so in effect it's pretty dead space.

That same room has a door into the storeroom... it would be cool to be able to get in there... especially since you did most of the really cool modeling and texturing in there. Speaking of which... there is a broken texture on the "black rayne studios" tower that is a visible rainbow stripe from the street.

Also, the purple vase upstairs next to the couches that has a flower in it... the flower itself was a broken texture for Me and I just got the red white and blue rainbow pattern as well.

The garage area could be much bigger and it would be cool... but as it is... the garage door could be replaced with a working elevator and it would open into the elevator upstairs as they seem to line up just about perfectly. This would keep you from getting trapped down there as easily. As it stands... there is no reason to go down there other than to give up a frag to a nade.

Overall, I'd love to see another beta of this, it looks really nice... if it was even twice the size (even if you just semi-mirrored it) it would be great. In fact if you did that, and had two streets that connected like a doughnut shape... and a pass through in a building or underground (or both)... this could be a great alternative to turnpike with a similar but fresh playstyle and feel.
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#4 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

well done, looks alot better than what i'm used to seeing, you still have a while to go yet but your improving.

ill wait for some more comments before downloading

#5 User is offline   .:KEYHOLE:. (old) Icon

• LocationTrois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

omg this map is mini mini mini lol
well made btw

This post has been edited by .:KEYHOLE:.: 04 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Skippy Icon

• Account: skippy
  • Main tag: xil.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

Hey Fleuv, nice job on the map. It's very small, but you've done a good job creating everything to
proportion and added plenty of detail as well. 8)

I'm not sure what your goal was with such a small area, but this is going to be a constant blood bath.

#7 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for all comments. I hope it plays good too. That is the most important thing. And I know I know it's a little bit small but maybe you guys don't have that problem in beta 2 that is comming soon I can tell you all. And I did saw something caulked that not have to be caulked and some other stuff.. but next beta gonna be +++++++ f111 :):) *(working on it right now)
~ Cheers

xF.

#9 User is offline   ValkoVer Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: valkover

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:03 PM

It will be good 1v1/2v2 map, but need more details and vis blocking (i run map on devmap, and looks like You dont pay attention on vis so much :evil:)

#10 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

I'm making it bigger and i did add some decal with dirt and other stuff.

BTW I made it already bigger so that's done (added 1 street/alley). No working on the decal texturing

This post has been edited by Fleuv: 06 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

~ Cheers

xF.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942