Urban Terror Forums: My proposals for the new version of urban terror : maps and bots - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

My proposals for the new version of urban terror : maps and bots Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Creation Icon

• Account: creation

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

My first proposal is a big issue stated by all : the instability of bots in certain maps. So for my first proposal for the urban terror dev team is this: is there way to increase bots stability and performance in the maps that already support them (even the 3rd party maps) ?
During my tests i noticed that bots are more "smart" in a FFA game, after that comes TDM, CTF(in some maps), Bomb Mode(but they dont plant the bomb or try to defuse it).

My second proposal regards maps, especially maps that support bots, even 3rd party maps. As we know bots are supported (in a way or another) on the followings maps : Abbey, Algiers, Austria, Dressing room, Firing Range, Mandolin, Riyadh, Prague, Toxic, Uptown and on the following 3rd party maps during my tests : padgarden, padkitchen, padshop, runtfest, ut4_boxtrot_v1, ut4_orb, ut4_paradise, ut4_superman_b4, ut4_village, ut4_vypla, ut_berch, ut_forrest, ut_laneway and ut_laneway_2, ut_liquid, ut_nuclear, ut_once, ut_paese, ut_scottbase, ut_stone_ville . But as we all know 3rd party maps causes crashes if more than one 3rd party map is located in the q3ut4 folder, so my proposal is this : can the dev team find a way to merge the 3rd party maps that support bots with the existing map pack and thus eliminating crashes ?

If needed i offer my self as a volunteer as tester :) and i hope that my proposals don`t look to sci-fi for the dev team  :roll:

#2 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

that was the most polite request I've seen in some time.

but to tell you the truth bot support isn't a major priority for them at this current time. they are working their asses off on other things.

bo tsupport are on the dev teams "todo" list (its just one of the bottom few)

#3 User is offline   Creation Icon

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

Thanks, i hope that my proposals lift the "bots priority a bit from the bottom" :)

How about a new map pack? Is that a higher priority ? 

#5 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

• Account: h3nry
  • Main tag: .um

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

damn, if only i was more efficient in fuzzy logic. i know how to use it correctly but i can not make an efficiently running bot or anything :(

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Creation Icon

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:34 PM

I would love to see smatter bots but there is just one huge massive problem. Programming bots is not your run of the mill type of conditional programming and falls under the heading of AI so we would need someone who could program in fuzzy logic to do it right.

I understand... But what about a map pack that may include the 3rd party maps? and of course solving the issue with them crashing if, as i said on my first post, 2 or more 3rd party maps are in the same folder and there are bots on the map . Integrating them in the original pack of maps may offer a solution to the crash issue ?

#8 User is offline   Creation Icon

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

I don`t have no problems with bots on the maps that support them(i`m talking about the urban terror map pack) but i will try to use that setting when playing a map just like ut4_casa or ut4_turnpike that for me ends with a  crash after a few seconds .

My current seta com_hunkmegs is 256 , i will post back if 1024 makes a difference on those maps (casa and turnpike)

Later edit: no, it seems that it does not work for me the maps crash .

#9 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

I would be satisfied with the bots just working on all the official maps, and not crashing servers. Like I'll add 6 bots on abbey and it crashes the map? And then there's other maps that don't support them. I'm not sure what the issue is, but having working bots like in previous versions would be really nice.

#10 User is offline   Bodhisattva Icon

• Account: bodhisattva

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

I would love to see smatter bots but there is just one huge massive problem. Programming bots is not your run of the mill type of conditional programming and falls under the heading of AI so we would need someone who could program in fuzzy logic to do it right.

I'm curious, and have the credentials to actually be able to fix this.  If this really is something FS is interested in doing, I'm happy to give it a shot.  However, it should be noted that maps require correct AAS files so that bots aren't total morons (this is why on algiers CTF the blue bots sit in spawn)

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942