Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Run fast? How? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   RoninKirik (old) Icon

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hello everybody

I have played Urban Terror just for a week, but there's something I don't understand: I always see expert players running very fast and, before the sprint ends, crouching and slipping laterally, always keeping going very fast. I've tried to do the same thing but I can't! I've asked the other players how to do, but they always say "press W, E and SPACE at the same time"..... but that's what I do! I mean, I know how to make a sprint, but what I can't do is to crouch and slip laterally at the same time at the end of the sprint!

Please, anyone can explain to me how to do?????

Thank you very much!!!

#2 User is offline   Hayame Icon

• Account: hayame

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

gain some speed from strafe jumping, then while in midair, crouch. (also known as powerslide)

#3 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:44 PM

Be patience -)
My guess, remembering me as a beginner, that it looks so spectacular what others do. And i also wanted that, immediately!! I always wanted that speed-stripe what others had. Untill someone made me a demo, and i saw i already could make that speed-stripe!
It just takes time to learn, thats all. (This is not the Matrix movie where you can download technics for immediate use.)

And only press W(=forward) and E(=sprint) together. Spacebar(=jump) only when you need to jump, and dont keep it pressed. After you have made a lot of speed, keep W and E pressed, and press C(=crouch) just before you land and wanna do a crouch-slide, as long as you want it. Dont press spacebar when you dont make a jump, its useless.
GL

#4 User is offline   RoninKirik (old) Icon

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

Hi!

I think I got it! When you do a crouch-slide you make some smoke under yourself, am I right?

The only thing that I don't get is the meaning of "as long as you want it"......... That's because I can do it just for some metres.....

anyway thank you both!!! I was just going crazy for that.......

#5 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:31 AM

under controls you can set a different key for crouching I use my little finger for the crouching "SHIFT" the "C" key is really worse for that.

here a small guide for the Circle-Jump with video.
you will find more interesting infos on this side check it out. ;)

and finally some nice powerslides!

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   RoninKirik (old) Icon

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:03 AM

View PostObScUrE, on 14 November 2009 - 12:31 AM, said:

under controls you can set a different key for crouching I use my little finger for the crouching "SHIFT" the "C" key is really worse for that.

here a small guide for the Circle-Jump with video.
you will find more interesting infos on this side check it out. ;)

and finally some nice powerslides!

Yeah now I can do it even for longer distances.... that video has been fundamental to understand how to make the slide longer! while sliding it's important to curve gradually the mouselook to a side and you'll gain speed!

ok thanks a lot everybody!

RoninKirik

#7 User is offline   Cell (old) Icon

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

View PostRoninKirik, on 14 November 2009 - 04:03 AM, said:

Yeah now I can do it even for longer distances.... that video has been fundamental to understand how to make the slide longer! while sliding it's important to curve gradually the mouselook to a side and you'll gain speed!

ok thanks a lot everybody!

RoninKirik

wow...ima pretty good slider but nc vid i cant even compete with those guys 0-0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942