• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ut4_Present [Wip] Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

A few people have asked about this and when i was going to put something out. Well, voila.

Its rough and ready, has bugs in it, and some of the respawns are very suspect. But i have managed to make it playable.

So let me know about bugs, preferably by uploading screenshots with arrows pointing to the problem so i know what you are on about.

Screenshots:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Download: ut4_present_a1.pk3 - Size: 6.2MB (MD5SUM: 38e75b78d762ae815ffd4f8f49d1905c)

http://uptown247.com..._present_a1.pk3

This post has been edited by V00d00: 06 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

#2 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

is this the one liquidsky was working on?

#3 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

Yes. In fact all ive done to it so far is tidy it up a bit, add shaders where brushes existed, tried to fix the multitude of leaks, learnt about using styles with lights or rather why its annoying to do so. :P

There were a lot of models in this map that liquid didnt include in his rar file. Some i can not find at all, some im hoping are in the padman resources. You may get a pm delerium at some point asking if you can track them down.

Its still quite a short map, only maybe 10 jump sets or so, but some of them are a bit annoying (for me anyway).

This map was made for urt 3.x (i assume 3.7 but maybe earlier, the build log shows ut3rc in the engine or base path).

If anyone wants to collaborate or similar, maybe has some ideas for jumps for the map or wants to add some, well i'd be happy to do so. These maps are very community spirited.

#4 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

went through it today, very good job

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:07 PM

At some point i'll release an a2 version.

In it will be fixed: spawns, some places you can lemming like the waterfall section which need cushion brushes, some brushes need my nofall shader applying to them, and some light tweaks need to be made as i ended up having to build it with gamma set to 3.0 just to make it light enough to see what you were doing.

Then with that i'll leave it for a rainy day, or if someone else wants to add more jumps to it, they can use the map i'll package with it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:22 PM

I used to do that, then i started using ssh instead. Most things people wanted could be done with a few keystrokes.

Of course if its hardware maintenance then it has to be done on site, but most of what i did wasnt.

I will look into how to make the flames spin.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942