• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

trojan.Swizzor.Gen 8 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NizMo Icon

• Account: nizmo

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:38 AM

my anti virus (bullguard) earlier found my iourbanterror.exe is a malware virus (trojan.swizzor.gen 8) and deleted my exe, so i thought ill just reinstall the game to replace the .exe that was deleted and when i click on any of the download mirrors as soon as the download starts my anti virus screams trojan.swizzor.gen 8 at me..

any ideas how i can stop this or what may be causing it? ive just finished a full scan and removed everything that it found that this trojan infected including battlefied2, DVD suite, ATI drivers.. and its still happening

any help/advise will be appriecated

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:09 AM

run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware once; it has good reputation.

#3 User is offline   Rick Icon

• Account: rick
  • Main tag: GT-

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:23 AM

sometimes you cant remove viruses while running the OS that's infected. You can try booting into safe mode and running a scan or using pc-cillin housecall (browser-based scan).

#4 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

PITA situation.

Run Malwarebytes from safe mode, run CCleaner, run a full antivirus sweep, then re-run Malwarebytes.

If you are unlucky and have been hit by a rootkit virus, then you have about a 50/50 chance of fixing it or having to reinstall windows.

First identify exactly what your infection is (Malwarebytes / Antivirus), look it up online, try and find some removal instructions. Get a program called gmer, but beware this is a dangerous program to use, but it will find rootkits and allow you to kill processes that you normally cant kill.

http://www.gmer.net/

Generally if its replaced or hooked itself into winlogon.exe then it will be a major PITA to remove and fix it. Most of the ones ive seen infect all your system restore points, so you cant restore a point from a month. The last time i fixed a machine that was infected this way it ended with me having to reinstall windows, as the OS was neither repairable or bootable. YMMV.

#5 User is offline   ThatSillyNinja Icon

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

View PostNizmo, on 03 March 2010 - 06:38 AM, said:

when i click on any of the download mirrors as soon as the download starts my anti virus screams trojan.swizzor.gen 8 at me..

Sounds very much like false positive, huh?

There are a couple of viruses that infect all the programs (.exe files) when you access them..
But, could a virus really infect a file before its even completely downloaded?

If that's what you have, better format (just remember to backup all FF7 saves and your moms folder).

But, I still think it's a false positive tho.

- TNS :>

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

That's a very relevant point ^. If you've not used Urban Terror before with this Antivirus it might be a bug with the antivirus, e.g producing a false positive. Because we certainly know there's not a bug on the Urban Terror 4.1 installer.

#7 User is offline   Rick Icon

• Account: rick
  • Main tag: GT-

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

Could also be that the virus has infected his browser, and anything he downloads gets infected

#8 User is offline   NizMo Icon

• Account: nizmo

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

as im downloading urbanterror again now, it seems like the scan using malwarebytes worked a treat hopefully it doesnt make a return because i really dont want to reinstall windows lol but thanks to everyone who toke their time to reply and help me out much appreciated..

#9 User is offline   tory Icon

• Account: tory

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

View PostNizMo, on 03 March 2010 - 06:38 AM, said:

my anti virus (bullguard) earlier found my iourbanterror.exe is a malware virus (trojan.swizzor.gen 8) and deleted my exe, so i thought ill just reinstall the game to replace the .exe that was deleted and when i click on any of the download mirrors as soon as the download starts my anti virus screams trojan.swizzor.gen 8 at me..

any ideas how i can stop this or what may be causing it? ive just finished a full scan and removed everything that it found that this trojan infected including battlefied2, DVD suite, ATI drivers.. and its still happening

any help/advise will be appriecated

hi! sorry but the only solution is to take other antivirus. i had the same problems and i changed my avast with kaspersky. now is ok and i use this version int sec version 7

#10 User is offline   ado Icon

• Account: ado

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

Get Eset Nod32 System Security.
Or Linux.

This post has been edited by ado: 06 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942