• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_bstjumps [WIP] Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

I guess i should make a post here, but i think a lot of people will already know about it. I kind of forgot to make a thread here.

It is a 30 jump beta, skill level easy to medium.

It should keep people amused for a bit.

Known bugs:

Explorer Route Jump 8 - Teleport issue - Fixed in 1a.

Download: ut4_bstjumps_b4.pk3

Screenshots:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by V00d00: 06 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

#2 User is offline   XiniX Icon

• Account: xinix

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

i like the map! very easy (except Jump3, Path of the Jumper, for me lol), but it's fun to play :)

#3 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

Cool :D

#4 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

New version released.

4 New Jumps on Jumper Route.
2 New Secrets.
Hopefully no new bugs. :)

Download it from below.

ut4_bstjumps_b2.pk3

#5 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

Heh, played it and it was a nice upgrade.
here some little ideas.

Spawnroom looks great now, and jumps are ok there.
One suggestion i would like to make. Some jumpers, not many but some, and you know who and on which servers.... xD...youve been there....., they like to have an occasionally frag-hour in a jumpmap. Your spawnroom is great for that, only i would suggest 2 different spawns for red and blue. Thats better for the fragging. But keep it like this that you still can do first 4 jumps in a row right from the spawn.

Rookie 1: Delete the walljumps option. You can almost make the jump without mouse-turns. Maybe keep only the last wall jumpable.....

Rookie 6: Its okay jump because noobs can avoid the double-grab -) And double grab is quite often a rage/quit for some...

Rookie 14: Mmmm, i was thinking... maybe make of this jump a harder version, and without grab. And put it at jumper-section.

Explorer 3: Very very good you made walljumps posible. I am still asking myself: why didnt i say it to you, ive been thinking about this jump and i could not understand why u made the walls unjumpable. I been trying there some alternatives but there was nothing possible except a 1by1 jump. Now you can skip 2nd pilar, and still land at end -) Thanx Voodoo, this is what u call a good jump with alternatives.

Explorer 8: Probably one of your best secrets. I must confess that most of your secrets are not my thing (in this map, the maze and the jumper secret are also not that great). But this is the real thing xD

Explorer 9: Maybe make no grab here, u only grab if u really fail. U know, most of your jumps its ok to grab/land or whatever. But here i cant imagine doing the jump 'normally' and grab.

Explorer 10: Slide is pretty short, or the ice-start is to big/long/speedmaking

Last explorer jump: need more of those -)

Jumper 1: I dont know if its possible, but whenever im here i always think: yea, what way i gonna jump. But i can only choose which 2nd walljump i do. And i think: maybe make an alternative way at the outside walls. And/or a way when you get on top of those pilars. If you gonna redo/restyle this jump thoroughly, i also suggest a land-end. Grab doesnt feel nice in this jump :(

Jumper 4: Sometimes i spawn to soon, especially at the platform of the 2nd going-down part. Maybe because i slide there.... If its possible, lower a little bit the spawns.

Jumper 5: Should be harder! It reminds me of other jumps, but here its to easy...

Jumper 6: longer please, and a little bit harder. Try to make extra platform and 3 walls, and then the grab. Just longer, no matter what jumps, and its better. Jumproom looks big, so jump must be big and hard

Jump 7: I like it (though the end may be a bit more stretched out). Just a long jump, but the speedcontrol is ok. I would love to see many of these long-room jumps in the Jumper section. Just in between of each big jump. You have many little lava jumps in easier parts of the map, so i think the Jumper section can get some extra long jumps like the one you have. And then with a lot of speedbuilding/slowing down.... xD

So and so its ok to put in between little jumps so some of us can do combo's -)

Jump 8: mmmmm, body showed me alternative way, and its easier way. First of all, delete the grab here. And about the alternative way, i dont know yet.... So far its ok with me

Last Final Jump: yea, its a nasty one for me. So, i dont know if its a hard jump, or a bad nasty one. But as last jump its perfect. You cuold make also here some secret at the pilars -)

Well, thats it!

Good map, good mapping development!

C U Later m00n

EDIT

Mmm, icy floors have at the sides a non icy part so you can stand. But that non icy part you should put only at begin of icefloor, not the whole edge. One jump you should redo the edge, i think its the explorer (/secret) jump, im not sure... take a look at ur icejumps.

EDIT AGAIN

Playef and fragged with 10 players. At 1 moment 6 to 8 were spawnkilling so i had to enable protection for a little while to get them out. So, all you need to do is to split that top spawnplace in 2, just make a little wall and make sure reds one side, and blue the other side... Then im happy. Well, you can fragtest your map with your feag clan too, maybe they get ideas... im just noobfragger. But your map is very ok! Great race to the swimming part xD

This post has been edited by Driller: 05 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:29 AM

haaa bstjumps..., amazing map! it's really one of my favorite jump map (like casa for shooting :biggrin: ).

all in the map is a great, nothing wrong, the only thing i think could improve it would be adding some jumps gradually increasing difficulty between path of jumper 2 and path of jumper 3.

great map, thanks for doing it.
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

#7 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

MORE

Spawnroom: I dont see shadow when standing on the pilars.

Explorer 10: This easy jump i still think, begin is to big and the slide is to short. If you gonna redo, please think of this too: make walls at side of the slise jumpable, so we can do 1 or 2 walljumps during the slide. And maybe, for fun, when you go and climb up to next jump, i can jump back and grab top of ice. But i cant climb on it, and so i cant walk on it. Could be a fun place.....

bb

EDIT

make Jumper 5 no grabs please. Its jumper section, and its pretty easy.....

This post has been edited by Driller: 09 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

#8 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

I didnt see your last post drillz, you should have emailed me the list. :/ Most of what you suggested was fixed.

--------------------------------

I got fed up with Jumper 6 and hit delete. Its saved as a prefab for a rainy day when i have time to fk with it.

It is replaced with 2 average/medium level jumps.

Next version released: ut4_bstjumps_b3 - 9.65MB

Please delete all old copies of the map as i had to fix a few critical issues in the main shader with this release.

Changelog is mainly as below:

Jumper 7 (now Jumper 8), ive changed the platforms to remove the overjump issues (i hope).
Jumper 2 is now a proper no grab.
Jumper 3 is a little shorter, and maybe a touch easier.
Jumper 4 has tweaked teleport brushes.
Jumper 5 you can no longer do shallow slides, you have to go high on the slope to pass an obstruction.
Jumper 6 (old) removed, and replaced with 2 new jumps.

Mostly all the suggestions made by various people have been taken on board.

Happy Jumping Guys.

#9 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:05 PM

Hi, nice to see b3 release.

Played it once offline.
(FFA ofcourse, but i saw the spawn wall!)

First of all, im sad you changed the theme. I am used to the crouch/crawl thing... and now you have deleted most of them. Now the ceilingtexture (where you first had to crouch)doesnt look good. And also, you made the floros lower.... In general: roof up and floors down. You had a pretty unique theme, and ist destroyed now.....

Explorer 3: Walls were jumpable, and doing alternative jumps here really did not conflict with the intended jump. Sad to delete the walljumpability.

Explorer 9: no grab please. I dont think you can do the jump normally and grab, only grab when you fail epic. So no grab needed.

Jumper 2/3 Combo. Still possible, but less fun. Old jump 3 was better, just good it was. I dont understand why you changed it to easier... (ok ok, u need to do like synbio jump1, or like twistyfloor.... but its called jumpersection!)

Jumper 6: i realy like. I must say, its kinda a vivaldi jump xD (rhapsodicjumps)
(I understand you deleted the old jumper6, that was more a mooniejumps for after the quickjumpsvariation, or some madjump)

Jumper 7: i dont like, and i dont like it here in the map. Please move this jump forward, in begin of map. It makes my flow of speed/run/going on to a standing/stop to much. Keep the flow please -) I just dont like to be some time at a jump, and when ive done it i passed just 1 few meters.

Jumper 8: boring... just a long jump now, nothing more. Sad.

jumper 9: bodybag-way is gone now. Poor me, now i have to learn this jump xD
(Here, if i am doing this jump and also jumper 7 to long, then i dont like it anymore.)

Well, many little things i dont write or repeat now, see above posts. and some things are ok... But for now, b2 FTW!

In general, this is your worst update (well, i saw once latest version of madjumps, and i didnt went back, lol, hell no!!..). I hope you dont get to distracted by to many opinions here and there. Stick to beta2 and yourself, and update b2 once more with the new jumper6 and few other things. keep the theme (low ceiling, high floor) and map is perfect! jumper 6 is a nice jump, jumper 7 is pfffff, boring to fail at 4th part and start over again...

OK, bye bye!!

#10 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

Not gonna happen mate.

Ive had enough feedback for a while. I map for myself, and i kind of like the way it is now, some people offered feedback and i kind of took it to heart, but suggesting things is a two edged sword, and the possibility exists that something i like is not something you will like. The jumps are more the way i wanted to jump them. The crouched corridors were annoying and by opening them up it has made the flow a bit easier through the first two sections.

My main intention in mapping is to push my jumping, to better my own skill set, and each update furthers that for me, making it more challenging. For others that already have pro status, it makes little difference, as there isnt any map they cant finish, but for me its different. As it stands this map is fun and challenging for me, and from the few people ive talked to they felt pretty much the same.

Jumper 3 i found to hard and a lot of people complained about it, so i made it a touch easier, so even mediocre jumpers should be able to progress further into the Jumper section. Similarly Jumper 7 is the type of jump i have come to love. Its very similar to a jump in jumptheshark, another map i really enjoy playing and have gotten ideas from.

Jumper 6 i hated, it was the worst jump i added in b2, to much like the crap that certain other mappers have put out in the past (no names mentioned but im probably guilty too). It may return as a harder variation in the next section after jumper, but that wont be for a couple of months.

The two explorer things i will fix in b4, i actually didnt notice 9 being grabbable. The other one i will fix the lights so you can wj again.

You mentioned madjumps, that was a map where (to coin a phrase) i got to goof around and try new things out. It will probably never be updated as what i learnt got pushed into rabbit and bstjumps, and the overall idea was to radical maybe for the time. But it seemed to influence a few mappers to produce stuff in a similar vain.

I wont be touching anything again for a while, until i sort a few things out in real life.

:|

This post has been edited by V00d00: 12 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942