• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sir Kit Bored [RELEASE] Rate Topic: -----

Release version

#1 User is offline   spazzattack Icon

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

Release version. Thanks to all those who have given feedback and hosted.
-Secret entrance to bedroom
-Various small tweaks to layout
-Some slight lighting improvements - some dark spots made lighter
-Couple of small bugs fixed
ut4_sirkitbored_release.pk3
Do save as .pk3

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by spazzattack: 30 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

#2 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

Looks great, thanks :)

#3 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

I took the liberty of hosting it here.

#4 User is offline   Piano Man Icon

• Account: pianoman
  • Main tag: -LG-

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

Sweet. Your other version is part of the rotation on /connect s4.lgurt.com, this probably will as well, depending upon how much you rescaled it.
“And they'll say, ‘Man, what are you doing here?’”

#5 User is offline   ValkoVer Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: valkover

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:37 PM

3rd screenshot looks like real photo :P

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   spazzattack Icon

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:37 PM

View PostPianoMan, on 24 April 2010 - 06:28 PM, said:

Sweet. Your other version is part of the rotation on /connect s4.lgurt.com, this probably will as well, depending upon how much you rescaled it.

Cheers man,
Hope it suits!

#7 User is offline   quantum Icon

• Account: quantum

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

very nice idea, and it looks like you've done some quite good job with lightning :smile:

#8 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:14 PM

Ran a previous version on our 3rd party server for a while and lots of people liked it but complained about the huge size and the terrible lighting. So it looks like those got fixed it may be going back in rotation now :)

---edit---

Okay I played it now... it's a huge improvement. I love all the secret stuff and the size is much better now.

Suggestions:

The little breakable glass things once broken and revealing an exposed wire should hurt you if you touch the live wire (also one of them doesn't have a wire in it and doesn't break... but I couldn't find anything special about it).

The rocket tube that fires you at the main data ribbon in the middle will kill you by lemming if you don't start running at the right time to slow yourself. Kind of annoying.

Slightly less volume on the sounds and slightly more variety. I like that there are sounds now, but the hum sound gets a little repetitive.

Having the skybox be more circuitboards makes no sense to Me... what would be epic... is if you made the skybox be someone's room... and you could see that outside the computer... someone was playing UrT on this machine. :D

Good work. Thanks for the update.

This post has been edited by Durandal: 24 April 2010 - 11:40 PM

"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#9 User is offline   spazzattack Icon

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:54 AM

View PostDurandal, on 24 April 2010 - 11:14 PM, said:

Ran a previous version on our 3rd party server for a while and lots of people liked it but complained about the huge size and the terrible lighting. So it looks like those got fixed it may be going back in rotation now :)

---edit---

Okay I played it now... it's a huge improvement. I love all the secret stuff and the size is much better now.

Suggestions:

The little breakable glass things once broken and revealing an exposed wire should hurt you if you touch the live wire (also one of them doesn't have a wire in it and doesn't break... but I couldn't find anything special about it).

The rocket tube that fires you at the main data ribbon in the middle will kill you by lemming if you don't start running at the right time to slow yourself. Kind of annoying.

Slightly less volume on the sounds and slightly more variety. I like that there are sounds now, but the hum sound gets a little repetitive.

Having the skybox be more circuitboards makes no sense to Me... what would be epic... is if you made the skybox be someone's room... and you could see that outside the computer... someone was playing UrT on this machine. :D

Good work. Thanks for the update.

Hi Durandal,
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :smile:
The last one was ridiculously big and I thank a post by Null for finding the quick way to scale it down with bsp!
Cool, I'll scale sounds down a bit (have gone slightly deaf - so useful feedback!)

The jump up the main ribbon in the middle lands you gently at the top, if you do nothing....(at least on the machines I can use) Did you mean the one onto the high capacitor? you do need to run backwards a bit or you hurt yourself there...

Re skybox, I would have liked to do something like that but it's beyond my abilities and knowledge! :sad:

Cheers for support and feedback!
Spazzattack

#10 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

I mean the giant one in the middle. It might be how I'm hitting it... or I might be crouching and it's building speed. About half the time I would rocket off the top and lemming.

Are you supposed to get hurt every time you go into the 4 part teleporter room by falling? I can't find a safe way off the teleporter pad.

Still trying to figure out if there is a secret you can unlock if you get the right code on the clock DIP switches hehe.

The extending bridge at the very top is one of the most clever things I've seen in a map. I've always wished map makers would put more interactive stuff in maps... that's great. Also having the destructable fuses was really cool too.

I hope you make more maps with these kinds of ideas in them. I'm enjoying all the interactive stuff!! :D

oh.. btw. It's in normal rotation on NorCal 3rd party... we set the timelimit to 200 and everyone just explored earlier tonight.

This post has been edited by Durandal: 25 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942