Urban Terror Forums: How many hours can you constructively play? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How many hours can you constructively play? Rate Topic: -----

Pub Question mainly

#1 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Ever find yourself having played a few good maps and suddenly... it all falls apart?

Even though tactics might be good - pub games with rotating players, really keep you thinking.

What do ye guys think?

Border

This post has been edited by BorderFox: 31 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

BorderFox

#2 User is offline   KEYHOLE Icon

• Account: keyhole

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:41 AM

i remember myself playin like more then 12 hours without stopping (when i discover Urt)

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:28 AM

After 2 hours zombie noob mode.

#4 User is offline   Rylius Icon

• Account: rylius
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

First day with UrT I played 7 hours straight. :rolleyes:
After 1.5-2 hours I really notice how my skill drops, regardless if in Pubs or Wars. But wars usually end after 2 hours. :)
Guess it's because I'm getting tired and somewhat bored :/

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

'drops'? after 2.5-3 it's like 1:15 score (in skilled TS). Well it may increase if you start the HK+spas hehe. Sometimes even noobSR8 helps mehihi. Taking breaks helps, a lot, but that may be even unhealthier:P you already play too much if you reached 2 a day.

The 'taking breaks' thing probably points to the obvious: if you had at least 2 to 10 minutes break after a map or at most 1 hour, you'd have a very high increase in 'productivity'. Provided those minutes are active exercise or at least standing up and walking. The body just can't function properly in a secluded position for too long. That is if you want to be highly competitive and stuff.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 01 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   2.f4 Icon

• Account: 2f4

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

TeamSurvivor - 2 maps when gameplay is fast (or 1 map when most my mates are "don't count on me" sniper)

CTF - 1-2 hours on servers when at least half guys have some idea what to do.

CTF when only me really care about cap - 1-2 maps lonely attacks
playing like that gave me idea to suggest changing "deaths" stats in scoreboard to "frags"
What's reason to punish me for effort and show me that few days newbie dying less than I?
i would like to see that those attacks on heavy camped spots gives a lot of frags.

TDM - until bored or tired, depends on many conditions. I realy like this simple game mode but in UrT its kinda beginners playfield, maybbe 4.2 and some notoriety tricks could change that?
made by: google translator and common sense

#7 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

On a good day (no sleep deprivation and not being tired):
~6h: My left hand (for WASD) starts getting feeling numb/stiff, due to all the APM with this one hand. Long before my focus/attention, aiming, tracking and reaction time in the game starts to drop (> 12h). In fact, if i happen to play more than 4 hours in a row, things starts to get into an "auto-pilot" mode.

On a bad day (sleep deprivation or tired):
~2h: Have a hard time to stay focussed. Also aiming, tracking and reaction time are down.

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:36 AM

zomg you're one focused motherfraka.

#9 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

I can normally play two TS maps at 25 min and be pure RAPE! but after that it goes downhill sharply, normally by the 4th map im the worst player in the server.
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#10 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:25 AM

1-2 hours, then I'm useless. Or bored. They kind of feed each other. The longest I've ever played was around 3-4 hours in 2 stupidly long matches (I think one of them was actually 2 matches in a row). It's also an "in the zone" thing for me, where if I'm interrupted, I can't really get back to owning. I also notice a pattern where I am horrible in the first map (literally /map change, not time, not match maps, just the map changing), but do great in the second map. No clue why. Perhaps it has something to do with subconsciously adjusting to lower/higher ping. Another factor limiting my ability to play multiple maps is that, especially in pubs, I will get nasty FPS drops after 2-3 maps.

I'd hate to be a professional gamer playing 8 hour stretches lol.
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942