Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

dmaHD: New Sound System Rate Topic: ***** 4 Votes

Optimized 3D-Hybrid-HRTF multi-platform sound system for Urban Terror.

#171 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

View Postundead, on 12 January 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

Can you post the latest source code too? I'd prefer non-bumpy but that's ok if it is the latest.

Yes I will put the source as soon as I find a way to remove all the unnecessary stuff...
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#172 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hi p5yc0 thanks for the response, I am used to manually adjusting my gamma manually, and can confirm that its definetly not responding to my commands

/set r_gamma "1.5"
/seta r_gamma "1.5"
/r_gamma "1.5"

I also edited it in my config file and it completely ignores it.

is it something I may be doing wrong?

A few other things I noticed today:

1. the SDL.dll is a different size from the mitsu custom exe, does this matter? (I am using the one you provided)
2. When minimising the game, the sound still plays in the background.
3. On comparison with time demos Base EXE = 54FPS, dmaHD_bumpy = 65FPS, Mitsu_bumpy = "75.1FPS" I dont understand why I am losing an average 10fps with this version of bumpy.
4. I like your console, however its hard to read in game - perhaps a bit too translucent - the clock was a nice touch also.
5. cg_drawclock no longer works either, I have a script for when i press tab it shows the clock above the scoreboard and when I let go it disabled it this no longer works because of cg_drawclock.
6. Mitsu's custom exe with bumpy has a scripts directory that includes "foamywater.shader" file, is this needed?

thats all I have noticed so far. thanks for taking time to compile this. hopefully you can help me with a few of these issues above thanks.

P.S. I am using 4.1.1. would that matter?
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#173 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

My fork of Bumby comes from a different version from when Mitsu began. I did not change anything from the base bumpy build. I just added dmaHD. It could be I do not have the latest bumpy or Mitsu made some new shader... I don't really know :)

#174 User is offline   smoovexxxmove Icon

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hello all! First time poster, long time lurker xD First off, I would like to thank p5yc0runn3r and mitsubishi for this awesome sound overhaul. It has helped me in more ways than one. I've had no problems with it, only pure joy! However, I haven't been able to get the new mouse wheel binds working. I want to bind MWHEELLEFT to activate, so I can defuse and open doors quickly. But for the life of me, I just can't seem to get it working. I've enabled RAW mouse support to no avail. But that's the only thing I can think to do. Am I missing something simple or are others having this problem too? Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks

#175 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Write this line in your config:
bind MWHEELLEFT "+button7"

As stated on the first page, this will only work under Vista and higher,
but there is another way to use this mouse keys.
You have to remap them to keyboard keys over your mouse driver panel,
or an mouse key remapper program in case you don't have that option available.

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#176 User is offline   smoovexxxmove Icon

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Thanks for the fast reply ObScUrE! Vista only, huh? Maybe that is my problem. I read p5yc0runn3r's first post. But I guess I must have assumed that vista was only required for tilt wheel support. (which probably means mousewheel left and right lol)So I was just a little confused. But I already did bind it to "+button7" in my autoexec, so I guess XP just hates me lol. Wow... I googled for like a half hour, for a program to to simulate key presses with my mouse, with no luck. But I must have been using the wrong context, because I read your reply, then googled the words "key remapper" and BAM! First result! Now how often does that happen? :) Thank you very much, you just saved me, probably a day's worth of searching. But boy do I feel silly now. Once again thank you very much.

This post has been edited by smoovexxxmove: 30 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

#177 User is offline   smoovexxxmove Icon

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Haha now I feel even sillier. I totally realize the whole vista and above requirements. I've learned that the MWHEELLEFT and MWHEELRIGHT buttons themselves aren't picked up by XP, rather just registered as alternate MOUSE3 buttons :( Oh well, I guess using "A" to open doors isn't slowing me down enough to buy a copy of Windows 7. Either way, thanks for the learning experience ;)

This post has been edited by smoovexxxmove: 30 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

#178 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

I thank you for all your support. I am seeing quite some many builds, for UrT and also for other quake 3 based games, featuring my efforts in making better sound for the quake 3 engine. I cannot stress more the importance of having good sound for good gameplay and natural pinpointing of a sound location. Again, a big thank you.

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942