Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

i have too much ping help(>300) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pavan (old) Icon

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:06 AM

hey all plz help me wid dis i always have a ping of > 300 how do i reduce it i hv tried as in de other topic copying files and stuff but i did nt work..... plz help me cos of my ping m not able to lay in any servers properly.... thanks in advance all

#2 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

two ways

1. Faster internet!(dsl,cable)
2. Closer server.

#3 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

you will do fine on a 300 ping anyway, as long as you have a good quality connection. I know some Australians that play with that kind of ping on Death's TDM and they do damn good. Try to optimize your connection as best you can, if that doesn't help, might have to look to another ISP  :|

#4 User is offline   pavan (old) Icon

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:01 AM

thanks..... so how do i optimize it :-)

#5 User is offline   pavan (old) Icon

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

my cable connection is very very fast.... so cant i do anything abt dis

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

ping is a lot related to distance. e.g. europe -> america is never below 70-80. speed of light is limited.

you will do fine on a 300 ping anyway

ye sure, only that you'd die first against equally or a bit worse skilled all the time.

#7 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

ping is a lot related to distance. e.g. europe -> america is never below 70-80. speed of light is limited.

ye sure, only that you'd die first against equally or a bit worse skilled all the time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you've got that backwards. I believe I read somewhere that the netcode actually errs on the side of the player with the highest ping (By defaul,t at least. I believe it can be adjusted on the server). The logic behind this is that the game at least appears smooth regardless of your latency. The downside is that the non lagged player continuously gets the experience of killing someone then having them come back to life a split second later and kill you, as well as getting "shot through walls" and the legendary "warp" effect.

Back in the days before QuakeWorld, lagged players definitely got boned. I believe that is somewhat opposite nowadays (though admittedly more balanced than the old system).

#8 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

No, high pingers still have the disadvantage.

First: High ping does not mean warp. If your ping is high, but stable, you will not warp. Plus there's antiwarp to stop warping (to a certain degree anyway).

If you kill someone, they wont come back to life. Dead = dead. High pingers can make you feel like you were shot through a wall, but actually you werent. If the enemy had low ping, you would have been dead too. You just would have noticed it earlier. When sneaking up on high pingers, it may seem like they haven't noticed you, while in reality, they already did. So playing high pingers basically can give you a false sense of security.

However, the high pinger gets all the information later than you do. That disadvantage will always be bigger.

#9 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:20 AM

Very high pings are hard to play with. I find my limit is 220-250, after that I have trouble playing due to delay on hits. If you can get it below 250, I think you'll find it's easier to play.

Another thing with high ping is the variation in ping between each packet is magnified. I get 60-90 to NA servers, but 160-220 to European servers, which can trigger antiwarp.

You can try turning off any program that uses the Internet while you're playing. Torrents are a huge cause of lag. There are registry settings you can tweak, but they don't matter that much with ping. When you're sure your end is good, your ISP is the only thing that can really make a difference. Bad routing can send your data thousands of miles even when the destination is in the next town. That's an extreme example, but by no means it is fictional. If you are seriously about lower ping, look for a better ISP.

#10 User is offline   rithik Icon

• Account: rithik

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

View Postpavan (old), on 07 July 2008 - 05:06 AM, said:

hey all plz help me wid dis i always have a ping of > 300 how do i reduce it i hv tried as in de other topic copying files and stuff but i did nt work..... plz help me cos of my ping m not able to lay in any servers properly.... thanks in advance all

Did you get any ping problem when playing online games?
If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your ping using Whoisxy.com

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942