• You cannot reply to this topic

Tips? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   RobDistorted Icon

•   former FS member   
    Animator
  • Account: robdistorted

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

Hi all, i am in need of some help with UrT

Is there any tips people can give me, or a website that has some that can help me out?

If there aren't any sites out there then would it be possible to build a database of tips here in the forums in order to help those who are finding it hard to improve?

Here is 10 minutes of gameplay from a match i had last night. This match ended with me on 89 kills and 78 deaths, i seem to have a habit of always spawning in the middle of firefights, then get shredded in the middle :laugh:

So short of saying "dont spawn infront of bullets" is there any further help anyone can give me?

It is worth noting that my eyes arent too good and a lot of my gameplay is reliant on hearing, but i am happy for any help really.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   LynXIII Icon

• Account: lynxiii
  • Main tag: C.M.M.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:17 PM

First of all, try team survivor, ctf or team deathmatch. Having some buddys to cover your back helps focusing on the firefight. And there is less random killings from behind. Also, I for myself like to have an objective to go for instead of just roaming around shooting stuff ;-)
When your dead in team survivor you can watch other people play and learn from them. Helped me alot to get to know the maps and where the good spots are and how to do some jumps to get to them spots.
Learn to jump. It lets you do ninja stuff :laugh:
A good way to start with jumping is playing the map happyjumptutorial. There are always some servers that host that map. Very good beginners jump map!
Watch some video of guys who know how to play and jump:

http://www.own3d.tv/...Gold_lll_by_zx_

And most important: have fun. Stop playing when you get mad and things don't work as you want. You can get owned in this game pretty badly, don't let this make you feel bad.

#3 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

Damn video is being a pain in the ass!

Anyway a few quick tips.

~ Dont practise on FFA lol.

~ Slow down and put your gun on Semi-auto and concentrate on getting head & torso shots (best to use AK/G36 for the high damage)
Dont care about your K:D, just get your accuracy up (especially against moving players)

~ Learn to control full auto & your ammo efficiently.

~ Get good at flicking 90* and 180* in a millisecond :tongue:

~ Correctly decide when a match will require stealth and silence rather then bashing about making loads of noise.

~ Select/pick up a secondary to suit the match (Nothing more annoying then out of ammo, getting shot from half a mile away and you pull out an mp5)

~ Get good at gaining speed, learn a few jump maps to get basic skills for jumping, in a small areas its mad funny to bounce up the walls and round the back of people while they try shoot you.

~ Don't always take the same routes, I do it occasionally and its too easy for people to know you're coming, on the flip side though, other players that do it, take a mental note its bloody useful :P

Anyway it's all good me saying all that, the best way really is to spec good players and take in as much as you can from what they do.

#4 User is offline   RobDistorted Icon

•   former FS member   
    Animator

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the input so far, these tips will improve my gameplay!

If the video gives you any issues then pop over to my youtube channel to watch it, the link should be in my signature.

Thanks again, and i welcome any and all tips that anyone has to offer, they not only benefit me but others too.

Keep em' coming! :biggrin:

#5 User is offline   RobDistorted Icon

•   former FS member   
    Animator

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

On happy jump tutorial i am finding great difficulty getting past the third circle jump, any ideas or tips?

I read the tips on the map, but i dont seem to be able to get the distance on the third jump.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

Do the whole level as if its one long jump :tongue:

#7 User is offline   RobDistorted Icon

•   former FS member   
    Animator

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

he he, i managed it, just have to stick with it.

I was just thinking, could a mod maybe gather up some of the best tips from this thread and some of the best advice from the "advice for noobs" thread and either sticky them or better yet, add them somewhere on the main site, kind of like a starters guide made by the community for the newcomers?

It would also be able to introduce jump maps and such to newcomers, which in turn should raise the overall ability of the community.

This way the community needn't worry too much about any sudden influxes of new players in the future.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

#8 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

Pretty everything useful information too Urban Terror is on DailyNade
There you'll find thousands of tips and guides about how to be more effecient ... :wink:

This post has been edited by Kowolski: 04 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#9 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

- Your control is very shaky. Try lowering the mouse sensitivity so you can aim better.

- You're playing FFA, try CTF or TS. If you really want to improve on the whole surviving and killing thing try TS.

- Don't put you gun on semi-automatic like some people suggested, but try to control your shots. If you lower the mouse sensitivity you can start aiming better which means you need fewer bullets to kill an enemy. To do that you need to control your shots more, every gun in Urt has spread. The more you fire in a row the less accurate the shots will be. There's a short cooldown time that will give that accuracy back.

- You want to face as few opponents as possible at the same time. If 5 opponents can shoot you at the same time and you're alone then there's no way you're going to win. Obviously I'm talking about TS here and not FFA.

- Don't be a noob camper. There are different forms of camping, and the noob form of camping is sitting in predicable places where good players will easily take you out. Places like turnpike container, or garage. Going window is ok but don't camp in front of the window. Take a look and then go.

- Learn the flow of TS. If you start playing TS you'll notice that every map has some kind of flow. There's like an agreement of what will happen every spawn. Like on turnpike, the people who spawn jeep go metro and the people who spawn at the other side go to pillars (there are exceptions). If you understand the flow you can start abusing it, changing it, confusing it. To do that you need to be really fast and a good shooter.

- Do different things. Try new routes, new positions, new strategies.

- Learn to strafe jump.

- Use a green dot crosshair size 30 (or higher if you want to). If you move look at the map, if you're shooting at an enemy try to focus on the crosshair, some people do better if they focus on the crosshair but some don't. Experiment with it.

#10 User is offline   Foxxy Icon

• Account: foxxy

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

1. Have your gun on full auto, but don't clutch. i.e. don't hold down the fire button. Think of a real gun, if you hold the trigger, it's going to recoil and fly about wildly. Make short, quick shots.

2. Remember you are a superhero who can bandage yourself and reload at the same time, but your only weakness is that you cannot start bandaging yourself while reloading. In short: Press Q before R. :)

3. Go play IcyJumps. A lot of people disagree with me, but Icy Jumps give you a perfect idea of how to curve actual jumps. The angles are exactly the same. The move onto actual jump mapsm and apply those same movements mid-air. All in all this should allow you to move around much faster.

4. You stand around in the open too much, you always run, and you stay in the same spot while firing. Learn to do none of these:

i: Take cover, crouch behind something, even if you aren't completely obscured, it forces your enemy to re-aim. That's 1/10s of a second in your favour,a nd trust me, it may not seem it, but that counts for a lot.

ii: Assign a key to walk, or have a bind that toggles it. Being able to walk silently, and stalk behind an enemy running to your previous position is vital to varied gameplay. I can move extremely quickly across a map, but I can also patiently remain in the shadows and out of sight while I predict an ambush on a particular enemy. Learn these types of gameplay, and also practise toggling between walking and crouching, remaining completely silent, again, is key to this varied strategy.

iii: Go to the map "Eagle" in single player, just start a local server and go on it. Go to the blue spawn point which has a statue in the middle of it (It's behind the blue carthouse) and aim at the top of the statue, and run around it, and practise running around while constantly aiming at that statue. Being able to strafe, jump over and circle your opponents is a great way to confuse them and give you the advantage, and if you can aim at them mid air while circling them, and fire a round or two into them, even if you don't kill them right away, will give you an even bigger advantage. Take those seconds while they struggle to locate you to either take them out, or hide behind cover, and once you hear them healing, pop out and nail them.

Those are my absolute top tips for people to improve. I'm not the best player, myself, but I have developed these strategies and my gameplay has improved tenfold since and continues to improve.

Good luck!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942