• You cannot reply to this topic

Delirium's weekend mini challenge #3 Rate Topic: -----

Windows

#1 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

Hey all,

I bring you the 3rd of Delirium's mini challenges, the key thing is to remember its not a competition but a challenge to try boost some creativity among the mappers.
Each weekend I'll be posting a topic on a map object you could create and the challenge is to be as creative as possible while still being realistic, the map you make shouldn't be something you spend a lot of time on and commit to, you can take as long as you want of course but in reality its not something to spend all week on.

The rules are simple.
* I post a link to the download base .map, you are not allowed to map outside this box. You can however texture this box however you wish.
* Map lighting, texturing, compile and even the client you use is all up to the mapper, you can use all that is available.
* You have all weekend to create what ever the object is and you don't need to upload a map, only ONE screenshot of the fully textured map ingame.
* Post your shot in this thread when ever its done and I will announce the winner in the first post of next weeks challenge :)
* You can enter up to a maximum of 3 times per weekend.
* You can choose the best angle to take your screenshot from, but please only post 1 image per entry

The object of this weekend is 'a window', this can be created however you like it to be. It can even be modelled if you wish. Background details will be ignored, but any detail you do add in try to keep the details relevant eg. a window open looking inside a room kind of thing (the details of the room would be ignored)

Also this is optional but if you would like to release your sources I'm sure other mappers would appreciate it(just post it along with your screenshot)

Here is the link to this weeks base map
Last weeks challenge can be seen here

(in order of submission)
JohnnyEnglish: I liked the urban feel I got from yours, its a seat which wouldn't spare too many tris and at the same time wouldn't look too repetitive. Good job
DagF #1: I liked how you made the planks all differently detailed, like last week you did something different. I think the back boards were a bit bulky though.
ValkoVer: You've done great both weeks, looking forward to how you shape up this week, the texture you used for the wood looks too clean but maybe that's just me.
DagF #2: This one was really nice, I really like the use of the blue rail (the texture isn't that great) but it looks urban and has a nice feel to it.
Xan: I thought your one was kind of spooky, I could definitely see this with some newspaper rubbish scattered along and with the same lighting you have going on at the moment. I think the planks were a bit think and the seat was disproportional to the backrest but other than that nice.
DagF #3: I think this one was pretty good too, the whole table seemed to be to scale and fit really nicely, it wasn't quite the theme I was after but still the brushwork was real nice, good job.
Flajeen: Yours was very unique, I liked the texturing and the brushwork, but it took me a while to understand the seating angle thing. Regardless it was a good effort

My favourite this week was DagF #2 :) I liked the mixture between brush and patchwork, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually a model. Very nice

#3 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

As i said i wanted to do a lot more, but i didn't have the time to :/
I actually though of adding some newspapers in there...

Anyways, i had fun :)
It's always another opportunity to learn :)

Time to make some windows now :)

#5 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Here's mine, the glass is all one texture with a sweet alpha channel. All those textures come from my up coming map Derelict
Posted Image

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   DagF Icon

• Account: dagf
  • Main tag: |TNC|

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

Ok, This time i used radiant instead of blender unlike tha last two times(The blue benhc was a model, working wiht cylinders in radiant is a pain in the bottocks).

Here is my window:

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

looks pretty awesome!
Nice environment!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942