• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NRGizer Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bestia455 Icon

• Account: bestia455

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

I have contacted NRGizer, and he is allowing the update/use of his maps here's the links

ut4_sands http://www.mediafire...civpovdq660oc62

ut4_hotel http://www.mediafire...7juwl3jd7oz33jn

There's a video of ut4_sands in topic "ut_maps"

#2 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:48 AM

Cool! Thanks

#3 User is offline   bestia455 Icon

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

I would like to see a Sands 24/7 server someday just like there used to be, except more than 32 players this time. I bet all the other old-timers would agree.

#4 User is offline   hodgins Icon

• Account: hodgins

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

I contacted Tub and Sweetnutz they both say i can do with their maps whatever i want.

#5 User is offline   bestia455 Icon

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

More good news, I just now tried ut4_sands with HD it works, and the helicopter works.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   hodgins Icon

• Account: hodgins

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

How about you submit proof that you actually obtained permission.
Just saying "oh i contacted him and he said yes" will not be enough.

#7 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Tub has always allowed permission for people to redo his maps with the conditions in which the man name must not be the same as or anything near the original, and that you state it was a remake of one of his maps but NOT by him.
I also contacted NRGizer a while ago asking about hotel (seeming it was a good map... before walljumps) and he feels the same way about his maps.

So by doing THIS you've obviously NOT emailed him... No biggy, atleast you're not claiming any credit or anything...

#9 User is offline   bestia455 Icon

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hey,

Great to hear from you Mark. I myself went back to action quake 2 years and years ago when the development of UrT started moving in a direction different from mine, and my time was "re-distributed" by school and my wife to be. :) I do check in from time to time, but it's been quite a while since last time now.

Of course you have my permission to re-release ut_sands! Thanks for taking the time to find me and ask, it is very much appreciated, and I love to hear about what happens to the maps I made. Especially with sands, since it never did particularly well back in the day as it was just too large.

I've had a few clashes with the team before when some of my old maps have been re-released for new UrT versions by people such as yourself. At the time, the team felt that they would have the final say in re-releasing old maps that were part of the main distribution. I believe we came to an understanding back then, but if anyone gives you grief, remind them that the maps themselves are still _my_ intellectual property :)

Best regards,
-Calle

||||||
( O O )
+---------oOOo------oOOo-------+
| |
| Carl-Magnus Björkell |
| http://www.*****.com |
| calle@gibberish.fi |
| |
+------------------------------+

Quoting Mark ****** <bestia455@yahoo.com> on Sun 15 Jan 2012 02:28:59 EET:

> Hi, my name is Mark, and I am a fan of your Urban terror maps. I have played this game on, and off for 10 years now. I have been looking forward to contacting you Regarding your map ut_sands, over the past few years the I've been seeing more servers that allow more than 32 clients, such as up to 64. Your map ut_sands would be wonderful for this, but it cannot be run in the newer versions of Urban terror (4.0, and higher) Because the game no longer depends on Quake 3 and therefore the q3 textures used in your map are missing. I have gathered all the missing textures from an open sourced game (Open arena), and packed them up with ut_sands, and re-named your map files to ut4_sands, and it works great in 4.1. Now technically I've modified your work,(added to the .pk3, and re-named map/levelshot) and I cannot let Urban terror servers have this map. Unless you grant the use of, and modification of your work. I take absolutely NO credit in the making of
> your maps, and I am not a mapper. I have thought about mapping but, never got around to actually trying it. As far as the map it is identical to the original. Thank you for taking a moment to read this.

HAPPY? I just gave this guys personal e-mail to all of you.

Edit: I've removed his personal website

This post has been edited by bestia455: 24 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

#10 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

bestia just owned everyone

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942