• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An optimized? engine for 4.2 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   strata Icon

• Account: strata

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

Find it at https://github.com/u...lient/downloads

If your OS is not on the list or you have any issues with the binaries, please do a source build. I am not here for tech support.

Primary goals/features: SACC (slackin's advanced competitive client), dmaHD (HRTF enhanced sound by p5ych0runn3r of aPD). Mumble positional audio support (YMMV). Have not verified if auth actually works with it - but I included what Barbatos made available. The base is bleeding edge ioquake3 (svn 2304).

Sys_StartProcess and Sys_OpenURL are stubbed until they can be trusted. I feel FS is opening up pandora's box of security flaws with these two functions and some of the "intrusive" game system traps they added.

NOTE: Due to controversy surrounding the "disable ambient background noise" feature, these binaries have no such capability!

So far so good - some users have reported solid 125fps with these builds after getting only 60fps on the official clients. However, that is no guarantee. This is entirely experimental!

See README.md for more information.

Other than that, enjoy it kidz!

#2 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

For windows users wanting this. You maybe get:

"This application failed to start because sdl.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Now don't panic, or go on the internet to find a wrong version of the .dll file. The .dll file was together in the package of mitsubishis 4.1 builds. Copy the file over in the main folder, and you can start the game.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 07 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#3 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

what happend to the intial thread, i can't seem to find it anymore .. did they trash it ?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#4 User is offline   kelt Icon

• Account: kelt

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Does this have raw mouse support?

#5 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 07 August 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

what happend to the intial thread, i can't seem to find it anymore .. did they trash it ?

Mitsubishis thread can be found here. Though I'm not sure, that is what you meant.

View Postkelt, on 07 August 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

the console says "command not found "in_rawmouse"", so I guess no.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 07 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostIkslorin, on 07 August 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Mitsubishis thread can be found here. Though I'm not sure, that is what you meant.

there was a thread about the optimized build for 4.2 strata was working on..i referred to that thread with a link in a personal message .. when i try to follow that link now the thread seems to have vanished .. strata mentioned the discussion in his first post in this thread when he was talking about the possibility to turn off ambient sounds... a rather touchy subject .. since this might be called cheating .. that seems to be the reason for him to exclude this feature in this latest build... maybe they have just moved the thread somewhere else .. at worst they deleted it... if so i would like to know why..

no intention of derailing this thread ..

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 07 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#7 User is offline   undead Icon

• Account: undead

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

View Poststrata, on 07 August 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

Other than that, enjoy it kidz!

strata,

I mentioned before (in the other thread that was deleted) that this client is not based off of vanilla SVN 2304. It is still vulnerable to CVE-2012-3345 which was fixed in upstream ioquake3:

http://ioquake3.org/...ot-temp-d.patch
http://ioquake3.org/...r-to-avoi.patch

How pristine is this compared to 4.2? Is this simply a direct port to the latest ioquake3 with minimal changes?

#8 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 07 August 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

The thread 'updated Engine for 4.2 based on ioquake R1807 Midsu/bumpy' was deleted by request from the thread opener.

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

#9 User is offline   iLag Icon

• Account: ilag

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

People who need SDL.dll should download it from the official website, at least until it gets included in the download Strata provides.
32-bit: http://www.libsdl.or...in32.zip
64-bit: http://www.libsdl.or...5-win32-x64.zip

#10 User is offline   strata Icon

• Account: strata

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

View Postkelt, on 07 August 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

No. We don't plan on adding it at this time because - as mentioned in the thread Attackxie deleted - it has not been part of the plans for this project. This is not Mitsubishi's bloatimized build. :)

View Postundead, on 07 August 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

strata,

I mentioned before (in the other thread that was deleted) that this client is not based off of vanilla SVN 2304.
How pristine is this compared to 4.2? Is this simply a direct port to the latest ioquake3 with minimal changes?

Yep! I saw your post in the other thread, but was just too busy yesterday to get around to it. I have just applied these patches.
Here's what we're doing: We follow the ioquake3 trunk for the most part - but there's two people, myself and sudoking, working on it so sometimes things might get missed. On top of that there are tweaks for UrT, sacc, dmaHD, some caching, and the controversial "ambient noise" hack. So to answer your question about 'how pristine is this compared to 4.2?': Probably at least 3 years of changes between the ioquake3 FS is using vs. SVN 2304 which we are "loosely" based on. So e.g. the Auth System had to be ported in.

What I've seen/heard so far: Thanks to anyone who has helped me confirm these issues:

* sacc_maxpackets is missing? Very strange. I personally don't have this problem but apparently it's there. I plan to get rid of these sacc_* cvars anyway because they show up in userinfo and it is rumored that butthurt rape victim league admins are trying to come up with ways to detect non-vanilla clients and ban them.
* Gun sounds are choking - I still see the gun firing, but the sound goes away periodically (especially with M4 and LR). This was a problem we had in 4.1.x that was somewhat alleviated via pre-caching. dmaHD could use some updating to work better under the latest ioquake3 as I think that might be where this issue is stemming from.
* Auth System UI issue: When I tried to add my auth key through the UI, it just logged me out instead of logging me in. I don't think this is a FS bug. Putting my auth key into the file 'authkey' in my q3ut4 directly and then restarting the client logged me in.

That's what I've noticed so far. I'm sure there's more :)

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942