• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't Create Assets Folder? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   gwok Icon

• Account: gwok

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

"Could not create the assets folder (q3ut4). Please verify the user rights of this folder.
You can ask for help on the official website"

I'm getting this message... what does this mean?

EDIT: Never mind. I didn't drop the installer onto my desktop before opening it. It appears to be working properly.

This post has been edited by gwok: 07 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

#2 User is offline   Warlordz10 Icon

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:00 AM

View Postgwok, on 07 August 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

"Could not create the assets folder (q3ut4). Please verify the user rights of this folder.

I'm getting this message... what does this mean?

EDIT: Never mind. I didn't drop the installer onto my desktop before opening it. It appears to be working properly.

Thank you for being so kind when making this post. Now I need this fixed and your "edit" prevented it. Much thanks mate. Someone please tell how fix.

#3 User is offline   Warlordz10 Icon

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:09 AM

View PostWarlordz10, on 25 September 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

Thank you for being so kind when making this post. Now I need this fixed and your "edit" prevented it. Much thanks mate. Someone please tell how fix.

Anyone else searching for an answer? This only happens on Mac, this is how you fix. Do not launch the UrtUpdater from the DMG file, put it first in your applications and then open from there. It should work fine then.

#4 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

^What is this white box with grey patches in it?

This post has been edited by YAY5637: 26 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

#5 User is offline   Psogen Icon

• Account: psogen
  • Main tag: FTK|

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

I've been experiencing the same issues as well! It downloads like 3 files (.pkg) and then it goes corrupted file download.

Message Logs:

Could not create the assets folder (q3ut4). Please verify the user rights of this folder.
You can ask for help on the official website

The downloaded file is corrupted. Please check your internet connection and launch again the Updater.
You can ask for help on the official website: www.urbanterror.info

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Psogen Icon

• Account: psogen
  • Main tag: FTK|

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

Does anyone know how to fix it? I've been trying to manually update my UrT versions with the zip files, although sometimes I accidentally replace the whole q3ut4 folder and then I end up downloading the full version of UrT from the website (direct link) then doing it all over again. :/ It's pretty annoying!

Dear Intelligent Coders

Please fix this problem soon!

Thanks! :D

#7 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

Could not create the assets folder (q3ut4). Please verify the user rights of this folder.

First you run as admin on your pc? Second did you place it somewhere on your pc, that requires more permission (ProgramFiles folders). If you do, then move it out on desktop and the permission thing should be fixed.

The updater is your first option, but I rarely use it, since it's quite buggy. (crashes after several minutes).
Therefore I suggest using the zip files. When installing use the full game. When update, then download update zip and move all the files in the zip and replace. Everything should work then.

#8 User is offline   voidref Icon

• Account: voidref

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:47 AM

It appears there may be a problem with the app where it's trying to download into the wrong folder.

If you run the updater from the command line, it works.

1, Open Terminal
2. change to the UrbanTerror42 dir, for example, if the dir is on your desktop, you would type:
cd Desktop/UrbanTerror42

3. Run the updater from the command line:
./UrTUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/UrTUpdater

This post has been edited by voidref: 21 January 2015 - 05:48 AM

#9 User is offline   teh1 Icon

• Account: teh1

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:36 AM

View Postvoidref, on 21 January 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

It appears there may be a problem with the app where it's trying to download into the wrong folder.

If you run the updater from the command line, it works.

1, Open Terminal
2. change to the UrbanTerror42 dir, for example, if the dir is on your desktop, you would type:
cd Desktop/UrbanTerror42

3. Run the updater from the command line:
./UrTUpdater.app/Contents/MacOS/UrTUpdater

Nailed it. That's exactly the issue for me too. So much rage from people about not opening it from the DMG or making sure it's in an editable folder by one's user. Yet, likely for a good number of us there is a third, entirely different issue as illustrated above.

Do want fix! App apparently doesn't know what directory it's in. ;)

[[[NSBundle mainBundle] bundlePath] stringByDeletingLastPathComponent]

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942