• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After Release Party Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 11 August 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

.. one bug .. or let's call it flaw .. are death animations .. to me it seems the character doesn't drop right where he got shot to death but seems to jump/ warp to a different position to do his dying there... that's irritating .. in addition to that i think the death animations take a little too long .. i am under the impression i waste bullets on players already dying because they don't seem to drop instantly but 1. are shocked by their own death 2. do their little dance. and then 3. drop dead...

i haven't taken a demo to illustrate this .. just the way it feels to me when playing

I commented on that too. I agree with you. Glad to see more people posting that, just in case they need more convincing that it is an issue (idk if they do)

#12 User is offline   N.t.H. Icon

• Account: nth

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

i don't know much about computerblabla .. i don't get why fs releases builds with poor performance when users like voidref or mitsu are able to create optimized builds... is there a major disadvantage hidden somewhere in those optimzed builds... ? is it too much work for fs to create optimized builds? with the auth system in place it doesn't seem likely optimized builds will be an option in the future.. i am on an imac i7 here .. with 4 frickin cores and urt is only capable to use one of those cores... it's just too annoying .. if the 4.2 build stays the way it is .. it's pretty much unplayable for me .. i'd love to see you guys release some sort of optimized build ... or at least tell us if optimzed builds are doable despite the auth system ..

The builds of mitsu etc. aren't made for urT only. They're build for ioq3 and not especially for Urban Terror, just for the fact you thought that other people are more adapted to make UrT... Its just an old engine and so several people did code several new features scince 2005....

But, up to ur question: FS really plans to add the iobumpy-mod/engine and so the new version of ioq3, too :)
If you can speak german (i guess) you can read my post at Bleilust.de where I just wrote about --> Click me hard

#13 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostN.t.H., on 13 August 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

The builds of mitsu etc. aren't made for urT only. They're build for ioq3 and not especially for Urban Terror, just for the fact you thought that other people are more adapted to make UrT... Its just an old engine and so several people did code several new features scince 2005....

But, up to ur question: FS really plans to add the iobumpy-mod/engine and so the new version of ioq3, too :)
If you can speak german (i guess) you can read my post at Bleilust.de where I just wrote about --> Click me hard

thank you for taking the time to explain the way this part of the world works :) ... so i guess it's matter of weeks/ month until everyone out there will love 4.2 ... i see hope now .. for 4.2 .. any chance this new version of ioq3 supports multi-core cpus?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#14 User is offline   zup100 Icon

• Account: zup100

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 13 August 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

thank you for taking the time to explain the way this part of the world works :) ... so i guess it's matter of weeks/ month until everyone out there will love 4.2 ... i see hope now .. for 4.2 .. any chance this new version of ioq3 supports multi-core cpus?

Multiple cores worked very well on either ioUrbanTerror client or Quake3 or any other ID Software-like client, on Linux. Cause Linux kernel is doing processor managing, not the program, I believe...

On my C2D I have 100 percent of cpu usage all the time (on Linux) on older clients than 4.2 and more stable fps as well. See my topics.

DEVELOPERS please address fps drops issue on your post in news as well, cause I speak for many many people who has this problem, but they called it "lags" or "mouse badness" or something. Not every one knows this is fps drops problem. Please address this and soothe the problem giving some hope, cause many people and good players who support you, don't care more that to have stable fps without drops and this is a 90 percent of your success, cause its not about even buggy model hits, cause good players will simply change female model to male model, its not about Armbands as well, cause good players will ignore this, its not about Wrong G36 model too, cause good players will ignore this or will play with different weapons, its not about Dark shadow on Casa too cause good players will turn gamma on max.

Yes, there are problems and I would appreciate to have good hits, not a buggy hits, and yes I will appreciate to have Casa to be fixed, etc. But please, if guys with hardware like this:

I run an AMD Phenom II X6 3.3GHz and even I've noticed some fps drops on maps that I never had problems with on 4.1.1. Not to the extent as the OP, however I feel as though my build should be good enough to have 125fps stable in almost any game, let alone UrT.

or guys with GF450 GTS gpu and better processors than Core i3 has fps drops as well, then PLEASE, address this problem cause its more important than others.

Yes I agree that server executable should be fixed and this is equal to me to fps drops issue, which I deeply care, cause I'm carrying about others who wants to play with stable and comfort feeling that YOU DEVELOPERS care about them!

Over the past five years I helped hundreds of players who asked me about fps drops on 4.1.1 version and I succeed giving them refined configs and helped them with buying proper hardware suitable for them and for 4.1.1 version. So please DEVELOPERS be carrying about this issue cause this will enhance our and your experience as well, building trust and respect for each other. Then we will be supportable enough giving more donations and helping you and ourselves to build a stable open community with deep passion to Urban Terror!

#15 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

View Postzup100, on 13 August 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Multiple cores worked very well on either ioUrbanTerror client or Quake3 or any other ID Software-like client, on Linux. Cause Linux kernel is doing processor managing, not the program, I believe...

i'm running osx here... r_smp 1 .. didn't do any good .. and i read somewhere in this forum, that multi-core isn't supported...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   pwngej00lius Icon

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

I still wish more people would jump in. I am kind of sick of playing with Snake and Bruce Lee and Wyatt Earp. Lately it seems like there are 4-5 15+ man servers (mostly bots) and not much else... (((((((SIGH)))))))))

PS what happened to the Suburbs map? DId it make it into the release? I havent gone through enough rotations to know.

#17 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

View Postpwngej00lius, on 14 August 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

PS what happened to the Suburbs map? DId it make it into the release? I havent gone through enough rotations to know.

It's still in there.

#18 User is offline   zup100 Icon

• Account: zup100

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 13 August 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

i'm running osx here... r_smp 1 .. didn't do any good .. and i read somewhere in this forum, that multi-core isn't supported...

Listen carefully. I do not said that Urban Terror supports multiple cores. I've said that Linux Operating system supporting multiple cores and for Urban Terror 4.1.1 it supports it very well even better than Windows. Because if you say to Linux that application want to use 100 percent of your processor then all the cores are on 100 percent of usage. I do not experience this on Windows XP, cause there is always less than 100 percent cpu usage on 4.1.1 version (I've always had less fps on Windows than Debian).

Also I do not know how Mac Osx works, but I know that you can always install Linux cause its free. For good performance I recommend you to install Debian distribution, but do not expect any good from new Ubuntu distributions, use Debian and your performance should be good.

I respect Mac Osx, but for gaming I've experience that its not any good. I've also experienced that 64bit (but only on Linux) executable of Urban Terror 4.1.1 has less performance than 32bit executable client. Because of that I suppose that on Mac Osx should be less performance, cause It's 64bit system.

This is a bit frustrating cause I have to do by myself, all the performance tests and guess where is the problem. I expect from you DEVELOPERS that with new version you will make some demos to test performance like in Quake3 Arena. Cause without that you have nothing to compare with and you don't know if your machine is proper configured!

With that said I imagine that on this forum we will have threads on performance tests and all who have problems will do test first and then they will know by deduction, with our help, how to resolve it!

I imagine that proper demo will have many explosions in it, multiple weapons, smokes and many players to render. I can help you with this by making good demo by myself and you will have less to make in this version.

#19 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

any release date yet?

4.2. servers are just so fuckin sad and empty... (europe speaking here) ...

#20 User is offline   kit3 Icon

• Account: kit3

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

Well ofc the servers are empty, most people (me included) would rather stick with 4.1 for now. And tbh, i was thinking you guys would announce a change in the animations as well, after all the complaints. Sticking with this animations is just a bad idea, killing someone and just watching them dive towards you instead falling back, i mean there's so much wrong things about them that i won't even get started, you guys should really consider changing them.

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942