• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Delirium Rate Topic: -----

I want to clarify a few things

#1 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Well... Because I respect Majkifajki enough to not post in his 'Welcome to FS' thread. I've decided to make my own.

I know this thread will probably open a lot of peoples eyes but everyone needs to know both sides of the story before taking sides right?

I have a pretty high reputation amongst the community as being a respected mapper, I thank you all for looking up to me. I respect mappers of all levels, which is why I offer so much assistance with mappers of all levels. I've made a wiki(which no longer exists), I've spent hours and days helping out mappers and their maps, I've started and stopped 2 different competitions to try help out the community. I've got one of the highest post counts for a reason, I've been so engaged in the community I've enjoyed.

FS are right, they do cop a LOT of shit they don't deserve. Like bouncers at a nightclub or a policeman just doing his job, people still find it appropriate to give them slack.

I was heavily engaged with everyone until about 3 years ago when you all would have noticed I disappeared for a while... I started this thread to get the truth out, I was in QA and me being 17 (wanting to be cool) leaked the QA info to a few friends, now this isn't where all the ut42_ maps came from, that was a HUGE public leak done by some dude from the UAA who was upset at Raider.
Anyway, the person who I leaked to was banned on the forum. To get unbanned he dobbed me in... (GG Del) so I then got removed from QA, which is fair enough.

At the same time as this though I was getting involved with OpenTerror, which some dude had the idea to remake UrT in a different engine. He asked if I wanted to make my maps in a better engine and get more respect for them (which sounded like a better than what I was doing). Remember I was 17 (pretty immature and oblivious to how the world is working) no worries, I just wanted to map.
FS didn't take this too lightly, I understand that NOW... They were pretty much stealing UrT and porting it to a new engine. So THAT is why everyone thought I got kicked out, for a conflict of interest.

So I disappeared out of shame, I apologized to a lot of my friends for what I had done, but I moved on. Released some newer versions and moved to other games to make maps. I come back every now and again when I get the motivation to finish what I've started in mapping, but for the majority of the time I've gotten involved in multiple community project which ALL end up getting hated by FS (like 'the Daily Nade' and 'Custom Map Makers') which I'm just involved in.

I have nothing against FS at all which is why I was shocked when I read this post by Bladey.

View PostBladeKiller, on 21 August 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

One requirement to joining FS is that you are trustworthy and haven't been in QA and leaked files in the past. The person needs to have the kind of talent we need and the potential to keep developing that talent. One thing that mappers need is 3ds max experience and potential to be able to make a whole map only in 3ds max. The most important thing is to be friends with us and not to have written nasty things about us on our forum or other forums. We are friends after all and we don't want to work with people who have stated how much they dislike us.

I know this post is about me, because everyone in Majki's topic is talking about me(which isn't fair on Mike)
I want to clarify a few things;
The first part is true, as said above.
I can model, I make models and if required, I would make my maps in 3ds. I'm just comfortable with GTK that's all...
AFAIK, I am friends with you guys. NulL was my best mate until I leaked. Me 27, h0i and shminky all talked about personal stuff and got along heaps. I talk to you guys on a regular basis on IRC whenever I get a chance, and as I recall I've never been in an argument with you guys.
I don't think I've ever bagged you out on ANY forum EVER, I've never said I've disliked FS. Sure there are things I would have done differently, but I sure as hell have never stated how much I dislike FS(because I don't...)

See, a lot of the mappers already know the situation and what I've been through with FS. Some others might too. I truly appreciate that you all think my maps are worth enough to be a part of the new release.

I would be honoured to be a part of FS, I would still be as engaged with the community as I am now heck, I would probably be as engaged as I was before QA making competitions and stuff.
I have the rights to the 3 most competitively played 3rd party maps (Tohunga, Orbital and Cambridge) which would honestly bring back a LOT of older players if there were newer versions released amongst the update.

There is a lot I want to say which will go unsaid, but I know a LOT of you will look at me differently. TBH I'm still the same Delirium as I ever was;

Hopefully you can all look past the foolish decisions I made when I was 17 (3 years ago) and I hope FS can too.
Like I said, I would be happy to help out with UrT HD, FS could possibly have some sort of restrictions on the files I have access to if they wanted (so the possibility of me leaking again is 0%)

Either all I look forward to releasing my maps for you all to play, weather it be part of the new release or not.

Much love <3

#3 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942