• You cannot reply to this topic

Hits 4.2 Rate Topic: -----

Extensive testing in progress

#11 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 30 August 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

The 'pros' are just upset that the noobs can now hit them and they have to unlearn the old animations to fight back.
Or hit crouch repeatedly.
The hardest raging comes from the kids who've played 4.1 the most and forgot how to learn something new.

Seriously:
Fire up 4.1 skeetshoot2012 and try for headshots, it's extremely difficult as the characters are definitely not where you see them. You can get used to where they really are, but you aren't aiming at the actual character to hit it.
In 4.2 it takes very little practice and you can see every hit you make.

The whole knee-is-a-kevlar-hit issue is puzzling however, so there is something else to be worked out.

MOVING characters are definitely easier to hit.

Just for the record, I totally rape in 4.2 but I still think the hit mesh/animations need work, not sure if its the hit mesh or the animations, but something seems 'off' its litterally too easy to get hits, if i can go 210:11 in a public server, its too easy to get a hit, imo.

PS: pretender <3

This post has been edited by slackin: 30 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#13 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

View Postslackin, on 30 August 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Just for the record, I totally rape in 4.2 but I still think the hit mesh/animations need work, not sure if its the hit mesh or the animations, but something seems 'off' its litterally too easy to get hits, if i can go 210:11 in a public server, its too easy to get a hit, imo.

PS: pretender <3

TOO EASY
Now you're starting to make sense.
I think you're completely insane for wanting less accuracy, but at least I understand what you're saying.

This does make UrT more like chess; if you move a group of 5 in proper position down the field against another group, it's more strategy than it was before since everyone can hit. You'd need better coordination not just good guns.
No more 1 rushing 5 guys at a time and winning because 4 of them won't hit you for no reason [outside of pubs]. Well, not the same way it was anyway.

I don't see what the problem is. Like-skill versus like-skill; what do you expect Mr. GlaD-TopFrag, running around in a public server?
Once the servers stop crashing and things like animations are polished enough to try good clan wars, we can have 'pro' opinions that mean something.
I want to see GlaD versus iCu in 4.2 hits. I want to know if it's still 'too easy' to hit when your opponents are also getting too many hits.

#14 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 30 August 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Do weapons need to be rebalanced to to account for hit improvements when compared to their inclusion and specifications in 4.1?

Good question, but one I would not take lightly. The weapon balance is very good in UrT. Thats one of UrT's strong points. I wouldn't be too quick to make any drastic changes over night. I would make sure plenty of thought and community feedback was put into any changes to the weapon balance.

@BN, hahahahahha, I'd love to see GlaD vs iCu and GlaD vs xil in 4.2, I think that would be down right amusing! We should try to line that up and get it on gtv!!!

This post has been edited by slackin: 30 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   jameswilddev Icon

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

I'm sorry to necropost like this (and on my first post too, tut tut!) but I think I might have this figured out.

It's related to framerate, which is why it might be so subjective.

I usually play at a solid 60, but the other day I left something intensive open by accident and it pulled me down to 20 (vsync) and... my KD nearly tripled. At low framerates on 4.2, hitboxes become so lax it's comical. I can get a headshot by shooting somebody in the knee. Shooting anywhere in someone's general direction is good enough to score a hit. I know I'm missing, there's no way I'm hitting. If in the console I use com_maxfps to move the cap, I can test this, and sure enough, both my brother and I (on very different machines) can attest to low framerate basically making it impossible to lose. Crank it back up, immediately start missing again.

I don't know how UT4 does hit tests with interpolation and such, but something is DEFINITELY up here.

#17 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Problem for definitively move to 4.2.00x is just one: people do not want to move until UZ season will be played on 4.1.1.
Move tournaments on 4.2 and all the community will immediately move also. After some week everybody will say that 4.1.1 was random hitting and good for noobs only. It happened in the past and it will happen for every new version.

ah yes, there is also a 2nd reason: cheats are easier to found on 4.1.1 then on 4.2 Posted Image

This post has been edited by lebbra: 22 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

#19 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 22 October 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

Interesting though that you spotted the same thing we have in that updates breaks cheats so although we have some ways to go what was once a problem is solved in some part through process. ;)

Sorry but i don't understand, what you saying is cheats do not work in 4.2?
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942