• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hits 4.2 Rate Topic: -----

Extensive testing in progress

#1 User is offline   Pretender1988 Icon

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Testing of weapons:

1. M4/Lr300
I am using more of M4 and hits have been awesome when used in bursts in automatic mode.
The percentage of headshots have gone up since as explained in previous posts by FS devs that hit mesh is now more integrated with player models.
I personally have no problem with current animation. Even so the hits are much better in 4.2
Note: Ping has almost no affect on hits. i.e. from 100-300 my hits are very good.
( Hits are subjective, also spraying will not give results, server setup also hugely improves hits)

2. PSG-1
As seen in my previous posts i have affection towards this weapon. Me and few others in community have always tried to make this better or suggest etc. In 4.1 the hits were not satisfactory.

Now fast forward to 4.2: Hits are a LOT better. I can hit a sr8 guys twice while jumping and scoping occasionally. THis weapon has huge potential. And i am happy that hits for this has increased. This weapon is extremely lethal with silencer. And lot of eyes may turn if one of us shows the world that sr8 might not be hold the crown anymore.

3. Sr8
Sr8 is not underpowered. Its fixed. Its still lethal. Luck shots or lag shots have decreased. And all measures should be taken that this gun doesn't becomes exploitable in anyways.

4. Ak103
More testing needed. Waiting for 4.2.002. I will like laser back of this beast.

5. Sidearms are working as intended.

Testing of other weapons is to be done more. To be continued..

Bottom Line: 4.2 Hits Are MUCH MUCH better. Going back to 4.1.1 is not an option.

This post has been edited by Pretender1988: 29 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
"Treat Others The Way You Want To Be Treated"
"One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness"
[IMG]http://i1114.photobu...r1988/val-1.jpg[/IMG]
[img]http://cache.www.gam...E1B5_2E3226.png[/img]

#2 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

I feel like they're somehow weird and it makes them a lot worst.
I can't play 4.2

#3 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

I must say, the only people I hear saying the hits are better are the noobs. The best of the best players all agree, hits aren't right. I haven't met a single championship winning player who says hits are better in 4.2. I believe that the new hit mesh could possibly be an improvement given some tweaks and patches, luckily we have an updater now!
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#4 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Seriously Slackin, in 4.1, you aim at the torso of an opponent and you hit the wall, because of ... I don't know ... lag, ping difference, packet loss ???

Meanwhile, again in 4.1 you aim either in front of the enemy or behind him, or over his head, and boom-boom-boom you hit. Probably because the hit mesh is not synchronized with the player.

in 4.2, you aim for the torso, you hit a leg, yeah, but damn, you hit something.
You spray and pray, you fail.
You aim either in front of the enemy or behind him, or over his head, and ... you miss.

I stopped playing 4.2 because the servers are empty and crashing, but damn I can't wait for that to be fixed.

#5 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Postphd, on 29 August 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Seriously Slackin, in 4.1, you aim at the torso of an opponent and you hit the wall, because of ... I don't know ... lag, ping difference, packet loss ???

Meanwhile, again in 4.1 you aim either in front of the enemy or behind him, or over his head, and boom-boom-boom you hit. Probably because the hit mesh is not synchronized with the player.

in 4.2, you aim for the torso, you hit a leg, yeah, but damn, you hit something.
You spray and pray, you fail.
You aim either in front of the enemy or behind him, or over his head, and ... you miss.

I stopped playing 4.2 because the servers are empty and crashing, but damn I can't wait for that to be fixed.

I don't have any problems with hits in 4.1.... and I certainly can kill in 4.2, I just feel like its too easy in 4.2
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Pretender1988 Icon

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

View Postslackin, on 29 August 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

I must say, the only people I hear saying the hits are better are the noobs. The best of the best players all agree, hits aren't right. I haven't met a single championship winning player who says hits are better in 4.2. I believe that the new hit mesh could possibly be an improvement given some tweaks and patches, luckily we have an updater now!

Hey, hi i am best of best player in asia. :sleep:
So now u have chance to meet me ... :tongue:
And yes i was banned and unbanned in almost all continents. :cool:

So dont take me for a noob :happy:

ANd yes i agree that improvements on animation will give more sense of hits which are already good.
I will tell you some of us (dunno abt u ) are more concerned with getting perfect human like animation and thus are not getting the hits.
I will even hit a small monkey character with such nice hits.

And slack thanks for developing pugbot. And i forgive you for not knowing the BEAST FROM THE EAST :wink:
I always wanted to implement a pug for asia. Time and resources are not available currently.

Cya slack

This post has been edited by Pretender1988: 29 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
"Treat Others The Way You Want To Be Treated"
"One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness"
[IMG]http://i1114.photobu...r1988/val-1.jpg[/IMG]
[img]http://cache.www.gam...E1B5_2E3226.png[/img]

#7 User is offline   Thephoenix Icon

• Account: thephoenix

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

After playing like 15-20 hours on the 4.2 version, I can say that i don't really see a big difference of hits between the 4.1 and 4.2. It's a personnal thought of course.. But personnaly, hits looks (and are) good to me. Whether on 4.1 or 4.2 :] Hits are just "weird" sometimes when you are against some players with "strange" connection which make you miss them.. But except that point, hits are ok. Too many people try to find an excuse just because they 've missed some shots. Sometimes on TS, i'm ghosting people who you can see that they've shoot just next to the target, but they scream "OMG HITS" ....

It's weird to hear that there are people that says "oh noo HITS ARE fkn BAD ON 4.2, OMG can't hit a shit" and "ohh hits are sooooooo better i hit everything".

Maybe the truth are in the middle of thoses comments :]

#8 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

The 'pros' are just upset that the noobs can now hit them and they have to unlearn the old animations to fight back.
Or hit crouch repeatedly.
The hardest raging comes from the kids who've played 4.1 the most and forgot how to learn something new.

Seriously:
Fire up 4.1 skeetshoot2012 and try for headshots, it's extremely difficult as the characters are definitely not where you see them. You can get used to where they really are, but you aren't aiming at the actual character to hit it.
In 4.2 it takes very little practice and you can see every hit you make.

The whole knee-is-a-kevlar-hit issue is puzzling however, so there is something else to be worked out.

MOVING characters are definitely easier to hit.

#10 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

hit detection is not perfect but greatly improved. I switched on 4.2 as soon as it was released, and yesterday I was back to 4.1 for a pcw. Difference is awesome: in 4.1 most of time you have to empty a bullet clip to kill someone. In 4.2 if you aim correctly you caneven kill a player with some shot in semi automatic.
aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942