• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[GUIDE]Auth Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

A Step by Step Guide for using Auth

#11 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for the corrections, I changed it to a quote instead, and it should be more understandable now. Though I don't know how I missed the "auth-key" spelling mistake.

Thanks, and fixed

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#12 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Is the Auth-Key transfer from client to server encrypted? I've heard it's transferred plain text which is a big security concern.

Also why not make it so players can login with their username and password. This just makes so much more sense from a UX standpoint.

#13 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

http://www.urbanterr...post__p__331578
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#14 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

- Update -

I've deleted the old paragraph 6 (basic changes to gameplay when logged in and playing on a server with auth) and added a new paragraph 6 instead, inspired by the topic:
http://www.urbanterr...861#entry343861

I would appreciate if I can get links to other similar topics within the new category.

If anyone thinks it is stupid of me to delete the old paragraph 6, I'd add it again, but I would like to get some links to where I can read of all the new things the player can do himself with Auth.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 04 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

#15 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Good tutorial! I think it should be a little bit more user-friendly.. A big load of people don't even know about auth key yet :/

This post has been edited by noxtty8: 12 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

When you say "a little bit more user-friendly" what exactly do you have in mind?
  • What is hard to understand?
  • What should be added?

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 13 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

#17 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostIkslorin, on 13 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

When you say "a little bit more user-friendly" what exactly do you have in mind?
  • What is hard to understand?
  • What should be added?

Well I think we have to be inside someone who just recently installed Urban Terror and never heard of it or something related to it.
Might be a bit risky but I think to download Urban Terror 4.2 a registration should be required. Once the registration is completed, telling them very clearly that a auth key is needed on a few servers.
And actually, I have no idea why.. but a few people still in Urban Terror 4.1, keep asking me what's the auth key :/

#18 User is offline   uv771 Icon

• Account: uv771

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

i've tried evrything and now i'm seriously fed up :/ really hate the 4.2 version.i used the 4.1 version and now when i tried to run urtupdater it says error: mscp100.dll missing so installed the C++ library for 64bit windows but it still says msvcp100.dll missing so i downloaded the msvcp100.dll for dllfiles.com now it says error:0077c00xb something like that..so the main thing is urTupdater doesnt work on my system..so i thought of downloading the 4.2.013 version..downloaded it..now i cant login..i have my auth key but appying it keeps sending me back to the previous menu..i've also tried putting the auth key in the auth key file in q3ut4 file..dint work. what am i supposed to do..i'm strating to hate urT for updating..ruined my game :/ please help!!

#19 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

I can't help you with the updater, though I'd like to add, that you should never get .dll files from websites for several reasons.

About logging in, you have done each and every step as written in the first post? Though I can say for the two ways you did:
  • When you write the auth into the login and have it confirmed, you have to restart the game to get logged in. It also matters, that you have everything capitalized - this means e is not the same as E
  • Check, that you've copied the whole string of numbers and letters and that the first line of your authkey file does only contain the string and nothing else (no space or other text).

Also read paragraph 6 in the first post.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 04 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

#20 User is offline   ch3kme1997 Icon

• Account: ch3kme1997

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

I Have A Auth Problem when i Start my Game Its says Sending Authkey To Server and its stays On that screen For Ever :/

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942