those pics below could help a bit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Knightork Icon

• Account: knightork
  • Main tag: UTP|

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

The error itself told you what the problem is: Your user has not the rights to edit the Files! Have you copied the Updater in a Local Folder or are you starting it direct after download? I did not have any Problems with my Mac VM after copy the Urt Folder on the Desktop and startet the Updater then!

Just click on the UrbanTerror42.dmg /then the Folder open and you see a Folder: "Urban Terror 42"

Drag this Folder to your Desktop and then go inside it and start Updater again!

This post has been edited by Knightork: 14 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

#3 User is offline   Weedwalker Icon

• Account: weedwalker
  • Main tag: duff.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Im on mac os x 10.8.2 and i have the fkn same problem
duff. / #duffbeer

#4 User is offline   Knightork Icon

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

I'm on 10.8.2 without any problem, so it has to be a Problem on your side, and if you have the same error message it's the same problem!
If the App has not the rights to create the new Dir q3ut4 and the other files, it can't update! But I don't know your SystemSettings, and your User Rights...
But be sure it's running very well on Mac OS X 10.8.1 and 10.8.2.

Proof:

Posted Image

So check these permissions. If bet the User u are logged in has only read access to this Dir.

This post has been edited by Knightork: 15 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

#5 User is offline   badnightfox Icon

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

If the App has not the rights to create the new Dir q3ut4 and the other files, it can't update! But I don't know your SystemSettings, and your User Rights...
Thanks! That worked, but i still failed to download the files despite my tries. a Proxy or a VPN doesn't work either. But thank you for your reply, KnightOrk. :biggrin:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   badnightfox Icon

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Knightork Icon

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hm that's strange cause it seems now your Dir q3ut4 is created, and I can also see the File zUrt42_0001.pk3 and the updater gives an Error on zUrt42_0005.pk3...

Is this File in your Dir already? Then try to delete it. I have to add that I'm a Mac Noob, so I have just had a Test on my VM Mac with Mac OS 10.8.1 it worked fine. After testing I had a Update to 10.8.2 and it is still running fine. But never had a new install in 10.8.2 (perhaps that could help, but it still seems to be just a Problem with ur User Rights (can you check write permissions for your User in this Folder? Should look like my Screen that tells you YourUserName has Read + Write Access to this Dir.

#8 User is offline   badnightfox Icon

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostKnightork, on 15 October 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Hm that's strange cause it seems now your Dir q3ut4 is created, and I can also see the File zUrt42_0001.pk3 and the updater gives an Error on zUrt42_0005.pk3...

Is this File in your Dir already? Then try to delete it. I have to add that I'm a Mac Noob, so I have just had a Test on my VM Mac with Mac OS 10.8.1 it worked fine. After testing I had a Update to 10.8.2 and it is still running fine. But never had a new install in 10.8.2 (perhaps that could help, but it still seems to be just a Problem with ur User Rights (can you check write permissions for your User in this Folder? Should look like my Screen that tells you YourUserName has Read + Write Access to this Dir.

Oh, its just that i repeatedly tried to redownload. The first download was the assets, and as i did it over and over, many more duplicated assets appeared.
Yeah i'll try going to 10.8.2... Can anybody provide a non- UrT Updater Version? If not, it's okay, i'll find a way...

Thank you KnightOrk.

#9 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

View Postbadnightfox, on 16 October 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Oh, its just that i repeatedly tried to redownload. The first download was the assets, and as i did it over and over, many more duplicated assets appeared.
Yeah i'll try going to 10.8.2... Can anybody provide a non- UrT Updater Version? If not, it's okay, i'll find a way...

Thank you KnightOrk.

are you running any programs like littlesnitch that might block the urt updater?

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 16 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#10 User is offline   badnightfox Icon

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 16 October 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

are you running any programs like littlesnitch that might block the urt updater?

no sorry :/

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942