• Account: chrispy

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 09 November 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Clickies:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Perfect, thanks! They're definitely looking quite sexy.

And a question to the dev team: Is it safe to say that through all the updates to 4.2, you're pretty much adding the HD features, and once HD comes out the big different will mainly be the models + animations and HD textures? After all, you've added some of the new gun models, I'm assuming more will come, new colors for the player models, and jump mode.
It's coo being coo

#23 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

View Postfandesandro, on 09 November 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Well, (on turnpike for sure), I can drop the blue flag but I can't drop the red one.

edit : I can drop it with ut_itemdrop but I can't with the bind "ut_itemdrop flag"

i can drop any flag on TP with both commands.

@Frankie V- i'm sure he ment the skins on the arm model holding the gun in FPP (weapons2/handskins/hand_tag.tga), has been already dusgussed and won't be fixed in 4.2 and afair HD fixes this.
<sXe>

#25 User is offline   zyzz Icon

• Account: zyzz

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

I had 2 servers giving me an "unpure" client disconnect reason. 1 was with "JUMP" as mode so it should be theserver should be up to date. I also played on another server just fine. (All mentioned pk files were updated.)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

just out of curiosity: are we getting close to what 4.2 was supposed to be initially with this newest version .. i am thinking of the pre urt-hd times... ?

and another thing, will you be releasing an official optimized build anytime soon? i remember one of you saying there are some issues with stability?

the windows guys and girls out there are lucky enough to get the user built optimized build... being on a mac i can tell you the fps drops are a pain in the ass and are the main reason i am still on 4.1 most of the time..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#27 User is offline   fandesandro Icon

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

View Postn1n, on 09 November 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

i can drop any flag on TP with both commands.

No you don't (talking about jump mode).

edit : I checked on the other maps, the red flag doesn't seem to be recognized by "flag".

This post has been edited by fandesandro: 10 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

#29 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

UrTUpdater does not work for me to install/update 4.2.006. Actually, it never has. I downloaded 001 via torrents and installed 002 and 003 as Arch Linux packages. Since the Arch package maintainer spat the dummy and rolled back to 4.1.1 I've been unable to test 004 and 005. Yes, I tried changing my hosts files and, yes, I tried direct download links posted by people here, but nothing worked. I got mixed results, from nothing being downloaded at all, html files downloaded, to "The access to this page is forbidden.".

Tried the latest GUI Updater in PCLinuxOS 32-bit and got "check your connection to the Internet" pop-ups. Then tried server updater in terminal on Arch Linux 64-bit and got html files downloaded. So, thanks FS for giving us the option of downloading the full zip file.

On the subject of the full zip download, when I tried downloading from cdn.urbanterror.info i got a cdn.urbanterror.info page with a message "The access to this page is forbidden.". Luckily the mirror link works for me and I am downloading while typing this.

#30 User is offline   Deprecated Icon

• Account: deprecated
  • Main tag: -nS|

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

The first 5 or 6 times I tried updating with the updater, the updater sped through the .pk3's so quickly that I couldn't even see what was being downloaded, and I ended up with a bunch of HTML files... o.0

Deleted all traces of 4.2, and it now seems to be working. Gonna take a while, but I'll let it run overnight and hopefully be able to get ingame by the morning.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942