• Main tag: [EH]

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Have to say i am with n1n on this.

#142 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Auth is good, i prefer to know the bully over the option that i can take another name and hide from him.
He is the bully, not me. I prefer to know him for in other cases i see him.
And i know who is who because i have the Auth. Very powerful.

All information is really usefull. Auth is very usefull on server without a admin, so i know who he is and i wont forget him. Also, posting a demo of a cheater is easier now with the auth.

One solution to get rid of the bully, is the option discussed before: Mute Player X Complete.

You dont read his text, radiobind, servermessage whatever he can do.
You know he is on the server (you see his auth) but you wont read his conversation. Ofcourse he can TK and block you.....

But Auth together with Mute gives a lot of urt players a much more friendly game session, thats what most want.

The problem is not that i cant hide anymore (on auth servers) the problem is all those asshats who nonstop take other identities.
And now i know them, and there will be much less bullying.

#143 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: wolfseye
  • Main tag: FCDE-

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

The showing of Auth names is one of the best ideas since UrT became a free to play Game. Any of the arguements above, why Auth names shouldn't be visible to everyone, for me only add up to people not wanting to show who they are for the reason of creating trouble on a Server. Of course a player can rename, but just to fool someone else into thinking he is someone else, I dont think so. With AUTH names shown, renaming at least still tells me what ****** just tk`d me all the time. That knowledge makes it easier for me later to know who I am dealing with, if I get into another Server or even my own and I know who to ban for when i get back to my own Server. Why would I wait until the player I just played with on another Server, joins my Server and I have to deal with him then. Instead since I know who he is, after playing with/against that guy on some other Server, I can just go to my Server and ban him up front, that way preventing him being a jack*** on my Server as well.

So the line for who its visible or not, player or just admin, gets blurry in this case because I benefit from knowing who that person is.

@n1n: For someone being in Q&A for FS, you really do oppose a lot of their Members ideas & comments. Being a part of Q&A makes you in a way part of the Support Team here helping them testing stuff. Oppposing their comments & decisions is really not the way. As part of a Team you're supposed to have their backs, not stab into it whenever you disagree.

#144 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

i'm not opposing anything and you're not the first here who got me completely wrong, read again:
http://www.urbanterr...post__p__338270

i am just saying this solution would be much better if admins would decide, if you are confident that this is so good then it would probably be always on, so why this whole affair about it. in my opinion it will discourage players to leave 4.1, another brick where every new version should tear that wall apart.
also because some people are sick of living in the era of big brother, i respect that, you should also respect that as an admin and moderator.

but okay, i just stop arguing, i said what i think and i'm done trying to explain yet another time. everyone knows the risk of this solution, hope i'm badly wrong and it turns out to be better than i expect.

btw. also 2 names on the scoreboard looks weird :)

PS. Quality Assurance stands for assure quality of new releases, in my opinion it is a quality issue and some people did agree with me on this one, so i have in fact a clean conscience having also noticed the issue and suggested a fully constructive solution. how is that being opposing FS?
<sXe>

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942