• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Difference in powersliding .009 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

well i'm not sure it's possible to do that this way round. it could happen that we have shorter slides on low distance but then when you get more speed it would still affect the slide meaning some jumpmaps would be impossible to finish [take ut4_skome_b1 1st jumps for example]. since we have the jump mod, it would be a real waste if so many maps would be impossible just because the slight change in the code.
<sXe>

#22 User is offline   mifo Icon

• Account: mifo

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

I hope I'm not writing this late or what, but I was lazy to go through all the topic, I can ofc confirm this and have another example.
On vertigo jump map, you normally get speed and slide on one of the jumps link
On the bottom of this icy, in 4.1.1 I slide and I pass np, in 4.2 I stop just under the slide (in the point where the icy and normal flat surface meet each other). I start crouch walking forward, already lost all my speed. I don't have a documentation from 4.2, can make it, if you guys want me to.

This post has been edited by mifo: 16 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

#23 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

i needed 4 tries to do this jump and i'm not even an average skilled jumper ;)
don't need the full speed and you have to prejump to slide [that's something that would get fixed], also while sliding jumping fast helps to keep the right speed.

PS. just for the record- this "icy" thing is called Posted Image ;)

This post has been edited by n1n: 16 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

<sXe>

#24 User is offline   mifo Icon

• Account: mifo

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I am a mapper, I know the texture is called slick, this was for everyone to understand.
And yes, some prejump some don't. You can see the jumper in video didn't, you can find others who do, I don't that's where I noticed and that's why I posted. I can do it prejumping, but this topic is about powersliding not working as it used to in 4.1.1, not about how to pass a jump in Vertigo.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Vogg Icon

• Account: vogg
  • Main tag: #rekt.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 17 January 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:37 PM
Thanks for the detailed bug reports on this. We are keeping track and working on getting it the same as it was in 4.1.1.

4 months later, still nothing changed...

#27 User is offline   hil4rious Icon

• Account: hil4rious

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that the distance to wj from an object against a wall without jumping also changed. Just sprinting off a object and try to jump against a wall doesn't work anymore, unless you jump first and then wj. However it is still possible in higher distances to the ground. This does affect the game sometimes as well as the silding problem. The example that ryuujin refered at narrow was used by lots of people to peek narrow in a safer way.

This post has been edited by hil4rious: 13 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

#28 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

The powersliding bug that rYuuJiN talks about still exist. rYuuJiN you should make the video public so devs can see it.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942