• You cannot reply to this topic

Benefits of UrT on Steam Rate Topic: -----

Just take a sec to read it.

#22 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostRaideR, on 22 January 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Urban Terror 4.2 will NOT apeare on steam unless it make extreamly good sense to do so, remember, valve is a company to make money. They don't do things "just because its nice". EVERY thing has a catch.

Oh ... and Urban Terror 4.2 is a Quake 3 Modification after all!!

As person of ideas I found that very touching .
JUst :X

Nice one , RaideR !

Total ownage !!!
(bow)

#23 User is offline   pulse Icon

• Account: pulse

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Lets make this simple :)

If you choose to put your game on steam (be it free) then there are certain stipulations you must ad-hear to, in order to remain on Steam.

1. Pass basic steam QQ procedures
2. Use the steam "Deployment" system (not in it's self bad)
3. What about UrT Accounts and the 4 years or work there? (we are working out our issues)
4. What about UrT Updater and the year or so of work there? (we are working out our issues)
5. What about Mac / Linux (only recently has that been possible for Steam) so pardon me if that seems a little "odd".

Urban Terror 4.2 will NOT apeare on steam unless it make extreamly good sense to do so, remember, valve is a company to make money. They don't do things "just because its nice". EVERY thing has a catch.

Aaaaaand here comes Raider dropping the nuke as always :laugh:

Urban Terror on Steam?
Noty.
If we have free-will, then why don't we have a choice not to?

#24 User is offline   wtk Icon

• Account: wtk

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

I say sell it it to Valve, clearly somewhere someone is paying FS, or FS is selling out their code in order to keep funding available for the game, why not end it and pass it on.

FS from what I see is only known for UrT which over the years has gone from good to shit, due to community dropping and hackers. Why not create a new game using a different engine.

#25 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

View Postwtk, on 23 January 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

I say sell it it to Valve, clearly somewhere someone is paying FS, or FS is selling out their code in order to keep funding available for the game, why not end it and pass it on.

FS from what I see is only known for UrT which over the years has gone from good to shit, due to community dropping and hackers. Why not create a new game using a different engine.

And just thorw away years of developing on HD/4.2? Doesnt sound good to me.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Txc Icon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Postwtk, on 23 January 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Why not create a new game using a different engine.

They are actually doing it .

It is called HD .

The engine is new - fstech (more specifically '' fstech1 '' , if I remembered correct) .

#28 User is offline   Forty-Two Icon

• Account: fortytwo

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 10 January 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Frozen Sand does not have full ownership of the art assets that makes up the bulk of the game and acts as a stewardship in protecting the copyrights of the artists who have contributed to the Urban Terror project in the past.

Steam would be a possibility except for this fact.

I thought we were already on desura.
[img]https://sites.google...arsUserbar2.png[/img] [img]http://img.userbarz.com/119/23790.png[/img]
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS d- s+: a---@ C+++ UL++ P L+++ E- W++ N o? K? w--- O? M--
V- PS++(--) PE- Y+ PGP t 5? X(+) R tv-- b++(+++) DI+(++)
D(+) G e-(*)>++@ h! r!>+++ y? 
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
decoded

#29 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 10 January 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Frozen Sand does not have full ownership of the art assets that makes up the bulk of the game and acts as a stewardship in protecting the copyrights of the artists who have contributed to the Urban Terror project in the past.

Steam would be a possibility except for this fact.

What's the difference between distributing their art via your updater software or via steam's software? They made that art for the intended purpose of it being distributed to as large an audience as possible to play the game. Also, that art is freely available for download on the internet, so keeping it off steam doesn't protect it from being gotten. As long as you were not selling the game I can't imagine any of them would mind or go after you. I guess when you put a game on steam you'd probably have to say that you own all the rights to the art, just as part of the submission. But I can't see you guys having a problem with that.

Urban Terror 4.2 will NOT apeare on steam unless it make extreamly good sense to do so

If your goal was to reach a larger audience then it would make good sense to do so. I think that's why some people suggest it, because they incorrectly assume that's one of your major goals.

Yeah, with steam you'd finally have to admit that 4.2 is actually a full game. Everyone already knows it is. It's sort of what they call an "open secret".

But anyhow, I think people shouldn't bug you to go on steam. It's your game and it's your choice to do what you want with it.

#30 User is offline   Txc Icon

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostBludShoT, on 03 February 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

If your goal was to reach a larger audience then it would make good sense to do so. I think that's why some people suggest it, because they incorrectly assume that's one of your major goals.

It's sort of what they call an "open secret".

But anyhow, I think people shouldn't bug you to go on steam. It's your game and it's your choice to do what you want with it.

So there is only 1 way to make Urban Terror popular - Steam .
& the only right way of thinking is inside the box .

If I remember correctly before to use Bethesda as publisher John Carmack could use Steam for publishing , but he didn't .

Why ?

According to my knowledge some big game producers use Steam ...

Hmm , I thought it was ''public-secret'' the english version , too .

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942