Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 18 April 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Why don't you set auth_verbosity to 0 ?

from http://www.urbanterr...17-auth-system/

still shows in the scoreboard

#152 User is offline   authisaterribleidea Icon

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 18 April 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Excellent the one point we can agree on when we have the time to do it.

so we should have it by 4.2.12 then because it should take you no more then 25M to make the change
awesome :3

#153 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 18 April 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Why don't you set auth_verbosity to 0 ?

from http://www.urbanterr...17-auth-system/

I've already played around with this option and it doesn't keep it from showing your auth on the scoreboard. I'm not so much worried about the 1 time console narc (although it is annoying as well) as I am about your auth name showing up on the scoreboard if the server is auth_enabled. If I'm not mistaken, if you're authd, it still shows up on the scoreboard regardless of the value of this setting. This is something that really needs to be changed. It's a nuisance and it's going to make it a pain in the ass for server admins to quietly watch people.

This post has been edited by Nikki: 18 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

#154 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

I thought there was a solution for admins, to enter their server and noone sees them...
For the rest, i do like the auth system, especially for non admins so i know who (= which auth) is the big cheater. No problem if he isnt banned (yet), i know who is the cheater and thats enough for me.

#155 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostDriller, on 18 April 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

I thought there was a solution for admins, to enter their server and noone sees them...
For the rest, i do like the auth system, especially for non admins so i know who (= which auth) is the big cheater. No problem if he isnt banned (yet), i know who is the cheater and thats enough for me.

If there is something for the admin side of it then that's great - don't doubt I've overlooked things.

I still think it's very unnecessary for anybody's auth to be shown though. There's a reason people alias and it's not always for bad reasons.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#156 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostNikki, on 18 April 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

If there is something for the admin side of it then that's great - don't doubt I've overlooked things.

I still think it's very unnecessary for anybody's auth to be shown though. There's a reason people alias and it's not always for bad reasons.

Thanks for these words in a world that assume to control everything...

#157 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostNikki, on 18 April 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

It's not just unnecessary, it's an issue.
The admin should be able to see the auth names just like IP addresses whenever they like, but there is no strong reason to make the whole server aware.
No, it's not exactly the same as an IP address, but what's the point of having /name at all with auth displayed?
Auth is a behind-the-scenes kind of a thing, let's keep it there.

There are times still that I play 4.1, just so I can play with an alias. People who know me, will know me.

#158 User is offline   authisaterribleidea Icon

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 19 April 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

It's not just unnecessary, it's an issue.
The admin should be able to see the auth names just like IP addresses whenever they like, but there is no strong reason to make the whole server aware.
No, it's not exactly the same as an IP address, but what's the point of having /name at all with auth displayed?
Auth is a behind-the-scenes kind of a thing, let's keep it there.

There are times still that I play 4.1, just so I can play with an alias. People who know me, will know me.

but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he killed me and and I don't know who he is AND I am to lazy to get a DEMO
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA cheater Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#159 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Maybe my connection? download is being a pain.
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942