• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.011 Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   KrathOs Icon

• Account: krathos
  • Main tag: DNGRS#

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

we and our opponents had problem with overlay just look http://www22.zippysh...19365/file.html 0 enemies and 0 friendly :( so big problem to play league :(, we reloaded server, changed map its not working :/

This post has been edited by KrathOs: 08 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

#62 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

View Postgarcassgrinder, on 08 April 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

The skin is immediatly confirmed by the selection of it.
By scrolling through the skins it change instandly also when you are in Spec. mode or demo playback.
I am afraid thats also the intention by Frozen Sand. The OK button don't confirm your skin selection it close the skin menu only.

I like it as it is, but of course if you play with it while a running game you can be confused by the changed skins.

Best way to fix it, avoid it to change it while a game. :wink:

Okay thanx Gar, i didnt knew that.

#63 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostMarkinho, on 07 April 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

That's not possible afaik, Driller :(

Hmmm, same question for when you are looking for a server, then go to one and you get the message Server is Private, or Wrong Password.
Then you get back to the homescreen of the game, and not the serverlist.

Can we just get back to the serverpage and on the exact page/height of it?

#64 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

This UrT 4.2 is FAR from being finished in my opinion. After all the community updates made for 4.1, people got used to many of these features especially for use in leagues. Some of these updates include better mouse support (RAW mouse), new sound engines (dmaHD, iKalizer) and better connection handling (auto-reconnect on server full) which make the game so much better to play. And lest not forget the security updates and features on the server code.

In my experience playing the 4.2 version, I do not see the fun game-play that existed in 4.1 except for maybe the better hit detection code. I personally do not care much about fancy graphics, all we want is the fun game-play mechanics that existed in 4.1 with updated hit code, fixed frame rate and better features.

My machine can run Crysis 3 without blinking at 1920x1080 resolution and yet playing some maps on 4.2 makes my machine cry and drop to 40 frames per second (fps). With version 4.1 I do not have any of these problems, and i have 126 fps all the way. I do think this is just an un-optimized map issue but still it is not enjoyable.

Regarding Prague 2, nice map but unplayable in my opinion. It is too bright, too open and confusing and yes I know it is not yet ready. I hope the original Prague will remain as it is one of the best maps around. And why did turnpike dim the lights in the office?

Frankly, if it was for me, I would have taken 4.1.1 incorporated some of the most requested features in the 4.1 engine code including better mouse and sound support, improved the hit detection code added some new maps or weapons + some kind of anti-cheat, added all current security patches in the server code and released as 4.1.2 or 4.2. This would have been faster and there would have been a smoother transition even for the Urban zone and Clan base leagues while at the same time developing a new version of Urban Terror using the idTech 4 engine which is now GPL.

Thank you for reading...
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#65 User is offline   ottone Icon

• Account: ottone
  • Main tag: =IvN=

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

minor bug on prague: not solid wall

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

View Postp5yc0runn3r, on 09 April 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

This UrT 4.2 is FAR from being finished in my opinion. After all the community updates made for 4.1, people got used to many of these features especially for use in leagues. Some of these updates include better mouse support (RAW mouse), new sound engines (dmaHD, iKalizer) and better connection handling (auto-reconnect on server full) which make the game so much better to play. And lest not forget the security updates and features on the server code.

In my experience playing the 4.2 version, I do not see the fun game-play that existed in 4.1 except for maybe the better hit detection code. I personally do not care much about fancy graphics, all we want is the fun game-play mechanics that existed in 4.1 with updated hit code, fixed frame rate and better features.

My machine can run Crysis 3 without blinking at 1920x1080 resolution and yet playing some maps on 4.2 makes my machine cry and drop to 40 frames per second (fps). With version 4.1 I do not have any of these problems, and i have 126 fps all the way. I do think this is just an un-optimized map issue but still it is not enjoyable.

Regarding Prague 2, nice map but unplayable in my opinion. It is too bright, too open and confusing and yes I know it is not yet ready. I hope the original Prague will remain as it is one of the best maps around. And why did turnpike dim the lights in the office?

Frankly, if it was for me, I would have taken 4.1.1 incorporated some of the most requested features in the 4.1 engine code including better mouse and sound support, improved the hit detection code added some new maps or weapons + some kind of anti-cheat, added all current security patches in the server code and released as 4.1.2 or 4.2. This would have been faster and there would have been a smoother transition even for the Urban zone and Clan base leagues while at the same time developing a new version of Urban Terror using the idTech 4 engine which is now GPL.

Thank you for reading...

I haven't play UrT4.1 or 4.11 very often, but is there so much diffrent than 4.2 regarding gameplay? :huh:

To performance:

- have run UrT server & client at the same time on a Linux USB live system
- also implement the bigbrotherbot to the server, also running on the live system
- if there is no WAN issue (see next point) it works fine
- okay there are sometimes lag but in the most case its caused by my local connection to the WAN.

Its a over 10 years age engine, it is no a cry engine 3. And it is awesome what FS bring into when you see that UrT is just a hobby for the developer team.

#67 User is offline   titaniachkt Icon

• Account: titaniachkt

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

• Added Mouse Wheel support for in-game server browser

Whee

#70 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 09 April 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

Get used to 4.2. We won't be updating 4.1 because 4.2 is an update to 4.1 and we will be dropping all support for 4.1 soon.

I'm not sure what this means exactly (no more official server binary updates?), but I would hope you at least wait until 4.2 is competition ready.

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942