Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Shoot and drop hk69? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   unclesam189 Icon

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

I'm having problems where I shoot the hk69 and someone will pop out of nowhere and kill me. I always have a secondary, so instead of scrolling (which takes time) could I just drop the weapon automatically when I shoot the hk69 and toggle back to shoot with mouse1 automatically? I'm not sure how effective/useful it will be but it was just an idea...

current script: see below

But it does not work in the least. I just started writing scripts so I'm a bit of a newbie. Could someone help me with this?

Thanks.

Edit: I could probably complete it myself (maybe, maybe not I could try) but my mom is yelling at me and telling me to get off the computer.

This post has been edited by unclesam189: 09 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

#2 User is offline   unclesam189 Icon

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

bind mouse4 "vstr attaz"
set attaz "vstr attackab"
set attackab "set attaz vstr attackac; bind MOUSE1 "+attack; ut_weapdrop"; ut_echo drop"
set attackac "set attaz vstr attackab; bind MOUSE1 +attack; ut_echo regular"

I'm leaning towards using something like this, but it does not work either. Could someone help me fix it? I understand I need to press MOUSE4 to toggle out and shoot w/ secondary but this way is jut better.

This post has been edited by unclesam189: 09 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

#3 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

bind mouse4 "vstr attaz"
set attaz "vstr attackab"
set attackab "set attaz vstr attackac; bind MOUSE1 vstr attackdrop; ut_echo drop"
set attackac "set attaz vstr attackab; bind MOUSE1 +attack; ut_echo regular"
set attackdrop "+attack; wait 10; ut_weapdrop; -attack; bind MOUSE1 +attack; set attaz vstr attackab; ut_echo regular"

First, you can’t use quotes within quotes — if you want to bind two or more things to a key within a script, you have to use a separate vstr (attackdrop in this case). Also, any action in a script requires cancelling — +attack alone would try to continue shooting forever.

I also inserted wait between shooting and dropping (you may have to change the value) — without this, the shot sound would play, but nothing would be fired. To avoid dropping the secondary/sidearm too, the drop vstr resets the script. After picking the HK69 up again, you have to press MOUSE4 again — depending on how exactly do you switch weapons, it could be possible to automatically force the script to change back to shoot’n’drop behavior.

There might be weird edge cases I didn’t notice during my short testing — just ask if you need something different.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#4 User is offline   Zwiebi Icon

• Account: zwiebi
  • Main tag: )O,O(

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Maybe something along the lines of

bind mouse1 "+attack; ut_weaptoggle secondary" ?

Some wait time might be needed in the middle...

#5 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Haha, good point, switching to secondary would make more sense indeed; didn’t even think of that since unclesam189 specifically asked for drop.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   unclesam189 Icon

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

thx for the script. Yeah, drop is faster than switch. and if the guy picks it up I kill him and get it back :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942