• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.012 Rate Topic: -----

#151 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

Ah… my post was based on what Fenix told to someone on IRC. Apparently you can only set them at startup, by appending them to the path in your shortcut or startup script: C:\Games\UrbanTerror\ioUrbanTerror.exe +nosplash +set fs_basepath "C:\Documents and Settings\J. Random Noob\Application Data\UrbanTerror\q3ut4" for me. (Turns out that using fs_homepath does not change a thing, only fs_basepath gives the desired result.)
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#152 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Post3xcl4m4t10n, on 02 June 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Thank you!

Both basepath and homepath are writte protected so i can't make nothing. Will FrozenSand change this?

Put your UrbanTerror42 folder in your User folder. This will fix the writing permissions problem. If it doesn't work you will need to change the directory proprietory (right click -> properties -> etc etc)

#153 User is offline   ItsMe Icon

• Account: itsme
  • Main tag: bc`

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostFenix, on 02 June 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Put your UrbanTerror42 folder in your User folder. This will fix the writing permissions problem. If it doesn't work you will need to change the directory proprietory (right click -> properties -> etc etc)

Nice idea to break a systems security settings or/ and break some standards where programs to have to reside...

--
ItsMe

#154 User is offline   Xcl4m4t10n Icon

• Account: xcl4m4t10n

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 02 June 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Ah… my post was based on what Fenix told to someone on IRC. Apparently you can only set them at startup, by appending them to the path in your shortcut or startup script: C:\Games\UrbanTerror\ioUrbanTerror.exe +nosplash +set fs_basepath "C:\Documents and Settings\J. Random Noob\Application Data\UrbanTerror\q3ut4" for me. (Turns out that using fs_homepath does not change a thing, only fs_basepath gives the desired result.)

If i make it, it miss some essential files. I want only my cfgs and maps files on "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\UrbanTerror\q3ut4" not the essential files for UrT. That way i can copy only this folder to make security copy. If i put UrT essetial files on this folder i don't make diference by copying my cfgs and map files on UrT original folder.

View PostFenix, on 02 June 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

It make no sense. Why original UrT exe can't writte on another folder but alternative exe can?

It will be an interesting feature for a new ver. At least a line on autoexec.cfg to make Urt read cfgs and maps from another folder like alternative UrT exe.

This post has been edited by 3xcl4m4t10n: 03 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942