Knock Out: round 3 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostMajkiFajki, on 08 June 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

^ very true ,
it is to show the intentions of the politics .
Politics are idiots , not experts - fact .
If they were expert none will let them become politics in first place .

However there are & governmental agencies ...

I guess there is a bit of a need of translation of that video . I don't speak russian , but at least in this video I understand most of the things , maybe will give you translation later , if none else want till then .

#12 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Facebook and social media have also been used to overthrow oppressive regimes.
So it's not all bad. But I'm not seeing you use that as an argument to use facebook, so this is totally off topic imo :)

#13 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Facebook is just annoying to have and some people just dont want it. I dont see the problem with having an alternative sign up. Just for the sake of forcing likes this is pretty stupid.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#14 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

I've explained my reasoning, you don't like it, your message has been received. Don't forget FB is more accessible to potential new Urban Terror players. I've also said that once I have more time, I will be looking at alternatives. But I want it on one central place.

#15 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostSeven of Nine, on 08 June 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Facebook and social media have also been used to overthrow oppressive regimes.
So it's not all bad. But I'm not seeing you use that as an argument to use facebook, so this is totally off topic imo :)

Some true things . A tool can be used in many ways , what a surprise .
What is the point of giving you an argument for using it after I am pretty sure you have at least one ?

Otherwise you won't use it for the task , yes ?

Also I didn't say not to use it , I guess you missed my first sentence I typed in this topic & here it is :

View PostTxc, on 08 June 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

SlverFoxZ have right shall not be assbook only .

only

------

By no means I am telling you what to do , just my oppinion & a bit of a reminder .

& also you said you don't see a reason one not to use you-know-what , so here it is - I am providing you with other point of view :) .

--------------------------------------

PS The translation of the video example :
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Txc: 08 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#17 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

I read the forums and the front page often, but I still do not fully understand what knock out is. Cool name though.

Is this a game mode in 4.2? If so, it is not in the list of available game modes. By the way, whatever happened to Last Man Standing? I thought that was pretty cool, but don't see anyone playing it anymore.

This must be some kind of 4.2 UrT server with a KO config and is meant for competition only?

See original knock out announcement at http://www.urbanterr...2-gets-knocked/:

The gametype known as KnockOut is where the last two on the leader board are “Knocked Out” until there is but one left standing.

Competition wise as an event KnockOut is two hours of non-stop action where rules of fair play become a suggestion and where rules are broken by but not limited to shoutcasters narcing out campers as well as players not able to handle the pressures and intentionally lemming off of tall buildings if just for the shear entertainment value.

So, what are the rules? What does "Knocked Out" mean? When you place a term in quote marks, it indicates that the phrase has an unclear definition. The next sentence should always seek to define the term that you placed in quotes in the former sentence.

Things that sound cool but offer little or no information on knock out include:

"two hours of non-stop action"

"rules of fair play become a suggestion"

"rules are broken by...shoutcasters narcing out campers" <---GTV? Spec chat visible to players? What?

"players not able to handle the pressures and intentionally lemming off of tall buildings"

After digging through reading the forum threads, it is said that this is a competition FFA game type. One can learn more about knock out by spending time and effort searching out the information. However, I'd rather see a basic explanation of the point of this game and the rules.

#19 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

Oh, I see, it is too cool to be explained. Thanks.

#20 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

View Postsneakers, on 16 June 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

Oh, I see, it is too cool to be explained. Thanks.

Hiya sneakers, I'd recommend watching the video on youtube, it's very simple, 15 people, multiple maps, each map takes 10 min, after each map 2 ppl get eliminated, until you end up with 3 players in the final. Highest # of kills wins.
It is not a supported gametype in 4.2. So yes, organised by yours truly, and lately also by some other communities, like the Polish.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942