Urban Terror Forums: Is there a way to watch 4.2.013 demo? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there a way to watch 4.2.013 demo? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   techn9ner Icon

• Account: techn9ner

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

Hey guys!

I got a demo from 4.2.013, and I would like to see it. How am I supposed to do that, when I've updated my UrT to the latest version(4.2.014)? Is there a way to delete updates or something? :huh:

Thanks in advance

Tech

#2 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

Move your zUrT42_0018.pk3 and zUrT42_qvm.pk3 into a different folder and download the .013 versions: 0018 and QVM.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#3 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

I've been asking this for a few weeks - does anyone have all of the previous versions available prior to .011?

#4 User is offline   Xixion Icon

• Account: xixion
  • Main tag: pir8|

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

http://cdn.urbanterr...r42_full013.zip

This post has been edited by Xixion: 19 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

#5 User is offline   techn9ner Icon

• Account: techn9ner

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

It works, thanks for helping :smile:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostNikki, on 19 July 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

I've been asking this for a few weeks - does anyone have all of the previous versions available prior to .011?

I don’t have separate full versions of course (would be waste of disk space), but I’ve kept copies of every unique PK3 from .001 to .013. I’ve started a torrent, but consider that my up speed is something like 150 kbps and there’s slightly more than a gig worth of files in this folder (≈ 15 hours). The files come with a list (!readme-old-urt42-pk3s.txt) people can use to put together any version they need.

Disclaimer: some early PK3s may be missing due to my being not paranoid enough; the list may contain errors. Bug reports are welcome.
dswp.de

#7 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Four days later people have downloaded exactly 0 bytes. Most fascincating.

(Yes, I can seed other torrents just fine. No, I haven’t seen anyone as much as connecting.)

The problem is that I’m using a 3G modem and while I’ve got contracts with two different providers, I have to use the one with a smaller data cap to use torrent right now. Which restricts my daily activities a bit. I’d really like to upload this stuff to someone who could actually seed it at reasonable speeds; or I could take it offline and only seed when someone explicitly asks for a copy.
dswp.de

#8 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 22 July 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Four days later people have downloaded exactly 0 bytes. Most fascincating.

(Yes, I can seed other torrents just fine. No, I haven’t seen anyone as much as connecting.)

The problem is that I’m using a 3G modem and while I’ve got contracts with two different providers, I have to use the one with a smaller data cap to use torrent right now. Which restricts my daily activities a bit. I’d really like to upload this stuff to someone who could actually seed it at reasonable speeds; or I could take it offline and only seed when someone explicitly asks for a copy.

Sorry man, my bad. I've been pretty busy/sick this past week and I completely forgot. If you ever put them back up, I have the torrent waiting ready to go...if not, no big deal - I missed my window.

#9 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

The true solution would be to work on a third party demo reader! If any one has the motivation please do jump into that project :)

#10 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

I’ve updated the folder and readme and created a new torrent: download here. All file lists other than .003 and .004 have been checked against the official MD5 sums which means that if you recreate any version you can be quite sure that it’s identical to the original release.

Just point the torrent at the same folder where the first release is located. The update is about 40 MB, the entire folder slightly less than 1 GB (only files that are different from the latest .017 release are included).
dswp.de

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942