• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Git Repository Hacked Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   zyzz Icon

• Account: zyzz

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Oh that's why the site was down. I was worried even more happened (but that's worse enough).
Ask NSA for help they should have all the data about it. (Couldn't resist sry.)
You should persue it but as that's your call (you are too nice ;)).

#12 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

View Posthasufell, on 17 August 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

Frozen Sand clearly does not understand FOSS. That's just an observation not a judgement in any way.

Why should anyone in the community care? It's not a big deal and only a legal problem for Frozen Sand, nothing else. Proprietary code is _never_ safer than opensource code, so that can hardly be an argument. Also, development won't stop because of this.

The only thing that would be sad is if code is actually LOST, not just stolen.

Also: "we can't verify if it's free from viruses"? WTF? Of course you can, READ/DIFF IT, unless you cannot understand your own code.

Current code is clean but the archive may be changed in the future and we are not going to monitor that download url and check it's consistency since it's stolen property of Frozen Sand and it needs to be considered as is.

#13 User is offline   fnadde42 Icon

• Account: fnadde42

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

I must say I like OpenSource a lot but if the FS team wants it ClosedSource I will respect their decision. As the author of the post stated, this is merely a case where a stupid childish person who cant respect the decision of others, thought they would make a "real" difference by posting the code. I hope that everyone in the community will, if they find the code, ignore it and leave the decision of "closed" or "open" to the FS Team.

I wish the FS team the best of luck in the future and I'm looking forward to future updates of UrbanTerror!

#14 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

Probably a stupid question becuz i havent heard anything about it but still i post it: our passwords of the urt.info accounts are not stolen?

#15 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostDriller, on 17 August 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Probably a stupid question becuz i havent heard anything about it but still i post it: our passwords of the urt.info accounts are not stolen?

RaideR's already said that the box that was hacked was completely separate from the rest of the system. So the hashes of passwords from the site haven't been taken. At worst, the CMS code has been stolen along with the game code.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   fnadde42 Icon

• Account: fnadde42

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 17 August 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

i don't quite understand why you guys won't be going after those people/ this person... sue his ass/ their asses to the moon and invest the money in urt...

nah seriously .. why not take any action?

Probably because it's not worth it. The damage is already done and a legal process wouldn't be the right thing to focus on. The best thing they can do is to analyse what went wrong and make sure it wont happen again and then go back developing UrbanTerror.

#18 User is offline   CarinaTK Icon

• Account: carinatk
  • Main tag: [Gore]

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

Ah.. Attention-whore-kids.

Funny how people act all cool behind their screen. would be fun to watch whoever did this, get a payback.. *sigh*
CarinaTK - One name, One legend!

#19 User is offline   zyzz Icon

• Account: zyzz

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostDriller, on 17 August 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Only the source on github was hacked not urbanterror.info. So there should be nothing to worry about for us.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942