Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Version 4.2 with servers 4.1 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   zaboon Icon

• Account: zaboon

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hello everyone,

I haven't been in Urban Terror for a while and I was looking for a zombie server (don't know if I can say names here, but in doubt : the z9 server). But when I want to connect to the server, "Invalid game folder" is shown. By looking for the solution, I found that was because of the incompatibility between version 4.2 of the game and servers 4.1.
I tried to download the 4.1 version but the game didn't work.
I'm on a Mac os X. Is there any solution?
Thank you, have a nice day.

Zaboon

PS : Sorry if the topic is in the wrong folder, or if I did something wrong and sorry for my english, I'm French.

#2 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

if you want to run 4.2 and 4.1 at the same time in osx you need to manually alter the quake3 folder name in your library ..if you have 4.1 installed and want to install 4.2 you should rename the quake3 folder (macintosh harddrive/ user/ your username/ library/ application support/ quake3/) before the installation
4.2 will create its own quake3 folder ...
if you want to go back to play 4.1 you need to change 4.2's quake3 folder name and change the 4.1 folder back to quake3 ...

that's the way i do it..

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 09 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#3 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 09 September 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

if you want to run 4.2 and 4.1 at the same time in osx you need to manually alter the quake3 folder name in your library ..if you have 4.1 installed and want to install 4.2 you should rename the quake3 folder (macintosh harddrive/ user/ your username/ library/ application support/ quake3/) before the installation
4.2 will create its own quake3 folder ...
if you want to go back to play 4.1 you need to change 4.2's quake3 folder name and change the 4.1 folder back to quake3 ...

that's the way i do it..

You can also create a script to start the Urban Terror 4.1 executable and call "+set fs_homepath ~/Library/Application\ Support/<urt4.1_folder_path>". Then you can switch between the two on the fly without messing with file renaming.
I don't play UrT on my Macs, as they are for work. This is my script for Linux... I am sure you could modify it for a Mac. You might want to just drop the +set fs_homepath into the 4.1 autoexec.cfg file and save yourself the hassle of whipping up a script.

#!/bin/sh
pulseaudio --kill
cd ~/UrbanTerror-41
schedtool -a 0 -e ~/UrbanTerror-41/ioUrbanTerror.x86_64 +set fs_homepath ~/.urt

In particular, you will not be using Pulse Audio or schedtool on a Mac (unless you are really nuts). You will also need to determine the correct path to your Urban Terror 4.1 executable.

This post has been edited by cyrus: 14 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942