• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Urban Zone" NationsCup XVII ? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Facerip Icon

• Account: facerip

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Another discussion is also going on regarding this topic on urban zone. I am reposting what I wrote, and I think it is something everyone needs to take into consideration without bias.

http://urban-zone.or...id=361#comments

I would like to suggest that people do not worry about bans or running multiple teams. It would be in the best interested of the urban terror community to keep the competitive scene alive. If and when a successful Nation's Cup is completed, then it will be time to go to the drawing boards and brainstorm some new ideas. Adding to many new things will not only make organizing a short-notice cup more difficult, but can also present unforseen obstacles that could cause the cup to be derailed.

As a new player to urban terror I understand that much of the community is extremly opinionated about how things should and should not be done regarding leagues and competitition. I am simply trying to share an unbiased opinion about what should be done. My worry is that with the death of clan base, the Urban Terror community will shrink even more than it is already shrunken in the last few years. A successful Nations Cup hosted by UZ will create confidence in the UZ league and hopefully restore the confidence of clanbase players in Urban Zone.

The only goals at this point should be to grow urban zone and guarantee a successful nations cup. Anything else could create too much friction.

This post has been edited by Facerip: 22 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

#12 User is offline   saint Icon

•   community admin   
    www.urban-terror.fr
  • Account: saint
  • Main tag: pwnie.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

No comment Brainie. Bullshit still your credo apparently. I obviously did my post by knowing what was going on in CB UrT staff. Facerip, I would have absolutely agreed with your quote if things had been done properly. The thing is, in my opinion, that move is just a HUGE "*@!# off" to CB UrT admins, even if I'm 10000% sure that was not UZ's will.

This post has been edited by saint: 22 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

#13 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

@saint, I'm sorry you feel that way, but the timing was not to kick the cb admins when they were down. We've been in close contact with the some cb admins the last 2 weeks. Heck we even offered _them_ not us, to host it on the Urban Zone website. Now at the start of December the captain vote would have happened if CB had been live. Unfortunately this isn't the case and time is ticking, we've tried to show that this a "humble" attempt this is to host the nationscup in the text also by asking you the community. If it's an F2 we'd be sad but honestly it's a lot of work and we can spend our free time in other ways.

View PostMess, on 22 December 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

your memory seems to fail. Each NC was played on CB, since the very beginning, even the first one, I know it, I played it ;)
It would be the first time NationsCup isn't played on CB !

If you say so :) as we said, "if our memory serves us correctly". Unfortunately we couldn't check, we should really have an urt wiki with all this info so in case competitions die we still have the info. But anyway, there was a CB\GS.net Q3A UrT Nations Cup IV 2004! In coop with an other organization, but you are right :)

ps. Can we keep this OT, your opinions regarding the topic, not regarding each other :)

#14 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Posted Image+

I dont see why not, from what i see UZ are the only ones willing to pick up NC. NC is better than no NC, doesnt matter from whom.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#15 User is offline   saint Icon

•   community admin   
    www.urban-terror.fr
  • Account: saint
  • Main tag: pwnie.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'm sure it was not UZ intention 7o9, that would have been incredibly ridiculous. I'm just saying you "kicked em off" because technically, this is what's happening. After all, if CB UrT admins did not accept your help, this is, I suppose, because they had planned something else. Actually, I guess all this thing would have deserve some waiting time. I'm quite sure CB staff is working on a brand new website, or another partnership they will publish in the right timing to play the Nations Cup. It would be quite astonishing that those guys don't do anything, especially after that closing.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

View Postsaint, on 22 December 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

I'm sure it was not UZ intention 7o9, that would have been incredibly ridiculous. I'm just saying you "kicked em off" because technically, this is what's happening. After all, if CB UrT admins did not accept your help, this is, I suppose, because they had planned something else. Actually, I guess all this thing would have deserve some waiting time. I'm quite sure CB staff is working on a brand new website, or another partnership they will publish in the right timing to play the Nations Cup. It would be quite astonishing that those guys don't do anything, especially after that closing.

Why not ask them instead of assuming things all the time?
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#17 User is offline   Raindropz Icon

• Account: raindropz
  • Main tag:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Well, i don't want to be sarcastic, but we ( cb staff ) are back soon with our project. You will have further informations later. We will not give up fastly :) Guess you'll still support us, you won't be disappointed for sure.

#18 User is offline   bzegs Icon

• Account: bzegs

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

Xesya was by far the most active CB admin so no offense to rain/taker/gighen/sotone (especially sotone.. always liked him probably because he is as old school as me :o), but I would have much more confidence in UZ than anything that could come out of your collaboration. This is especially true if the plan is to get something running in time for a nations cup. That being said, I hope whatever you are planning does work out for the best.

Anyway instead of shit slinging, you guys should probably be more concerned with the interest in a Nations Cup and how many nations would actually participate.

P.S. @ saint: There is a reason why conspiracy theories are outrageous... because they are outrageous. I don't even like UZ and I know that they aren't trying to steal the CB admins' thunder.
-CaMar0z

#19 User is offline   zebeast Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: zebeast

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

View Postbzegs, on 23 December 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Xesya was by far the most active CB admin so no offense to rain/taker/gighen/sotone (especially sotone.. always liked him probably because he is as old school as me :o), but I would have much more confidence in UZ than anything that could come out of your collaboration. This is especially true if the plan is to get something running in time for a nations cup. That being said, I hope whatever you are planning does work out for the best.

Anyway instead of shit slinging, you guys should probably be more concerned with the interest in a Nations Cup and how many nations would actually participate.

P.S. @ saint: There is a reason why conspiracy theories are outrageous... because they are outrageous. I don't even like UZ and I know that they aren't trying to steal the CB admins' thunder.

You really nailed it camar0z, that´s exactly how i see it. There have been maybe 30 cb admins over the years, most them had a life-time of 1-2 years. I think that the CB site with all it´s elements was the key success, and secondly dedicated admins who could ask questions to chief of cups if they were in doubt in some decisions.

A new site for the CB crew, if that is the intention, could work well, but there is just a shitload of work to just get a good site to host the cup. Then even if you manage to pull through, the cup-site will be owned by a couple of ppl which any day could decide to quit, then what?

So the only good choice imo is to let an already established tournament site run the cups. But why should CB admins really decide that for the community? It´s better you just share your thoughts. A guy like taker for example like you mentioned, he disapeared mid-season as admin right? Should he decide what to do?

You could just make the discussion public.

If cb crew would host the tournament on urbanterror.info, then it would be a different story. That would actually be superb.

#20 User is offline   shoushou Icon

• Account: shoushou

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

The two main weakness of Urban Zone are actually the same than the one the top players described me when I just started the game :
- Depending about how close you are to the admins, the decision won't necessary be the same. And sometimes, those decisions are totally fucked up, however you look at it, it's a no sense. The last I had the occasion to see was the last season semi-final between b00bs and straya, you can have the details right there : http://www.urban-zon...l&fixture=20838 . In general, when Uz admins take decision that doesn't have any human logic possible, they don't even see the necessity to explain that decision, because they are admins, so they are necessary right, and that's all.
- In terms on divisions making, the way they proceed is a total joke. When pcw results are taken in consideration more than CW results because those cw aren't done on UZ, you can't expect something different. Got recently an inside point of view from an ex-Uz staff member who participate in division making once, and that was ridiculous. And it can't progress, because each time I discussed with an UZ admin about that, I saw that they totallly think that judging on pcw results is legit.

In an other hand, back a year ago, they had 2 main qualities :
- Their easy and intuitive website, which is both complete and accessible. And, well, we see actually that they are actually the only ones to provide a website h24 (well, except ESL now).
- Their coverage was complete. With the stream of 7o9, which was awesome, the news done by UZ, the writting coverage and end season awards, it was complete.

But well, recently, their coverage just went close to null, the only thing left about coverage is that knockout that nobody care about except the 20 people who play it. And the only good part left is the website.

I'll agree on those who said that it's better to have UZ organize the Nation Cup than having no NC at all. But I do think UZ don't have what it takes to organize that kind of competitions properly. And I think it could be a better idea to wait a week or two to see if ex-CB staff can propose something else. And according to Rain message, that's probably the case.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942