• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OSX Mavericks Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   marvdhanoa Icon

• Account: marvdhanoa

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hey,

Just a quick question, are FS aware of the problems with UrT 4.2 with users on OSX Mavericks and what is being done to solve it?
I've tried many of the different solutions people have suggested in earlier threads such as editing q3config file and repairing disc permissions with OnyX but to no avail I still can't play my favourite game.
Any reply from anyone would be great.
Many Thanks.

#2 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

as far as i know, and the lack of replies here kind of proves it .. they don't have a dedicated osx developer on board...
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#3 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

I am pretty sure they know about the problem. the only difference for OSX is the requirements to compile it as far as I remember it - barbatos has those requirements and is capable of compiling for OSX.

However OSX is not used by a handful of players in the community so bug fixes specific to OSX will most likely take time since there are other priorities to think about also.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#4 User is offline   marvdhanoa Icon

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Cheers for the replies, I managed to get it working after some effort but when I launched no one was actually playing the game... What a waste of time that was, eh?

#5 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

View Postmarvdhanoa, on 14 February 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

Cheers for the replies, I managed to get it working after some effort but when I launched no one was actually playing the game... What a waste of time that was, eh?

aehh... lots of people are playing
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   marvdhanoa Icon

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

Must be a bug I all servers are empty D:, is there a way to fix this?

#7 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

Are the filters correct? Source: Internet, Type: All, Accounts: All, Private: No. Of course, player numbers are pretty low so you indeed might have checked the list when there was nobody playing on low-ping servers. As of writing this (05:37 UTC) there are 9 European servers with any players at all.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#8 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

View Postmarvdhanoa, on 14 February 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

What did you do to get it working? Anything specific, or it just started working again?

At this point, the game randomly stops launching and a simple reboot gets it working again. I'm trying to figure out what, exactly, is happening, but nothing I try short of a reboot has worked so far.

This post has been edited by iynque: 15 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#10 User is offline   ranalape Icon

• Account: ranalape

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

doesn't make much sense... I was playing last night, had Mavericks loaded for a couple weeks now. starts up zoomed way in to the top right corner of the window. super frustrating.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942