• You cannot reply to this topic

OSX Mavericks Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 16 February 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

I'm trying to track down this issue but I haven't been able to reproduce it so far on my Macbook Air (10.9.1 Mavericks). Is the crash happening when launching the game or when loading a map? It seems that there are two different issues.

For me, it's not when loading a map. I click the icon in Launchpad, the icon appears bouncing in the dock, and then it disappears. No window, no crash report, no errors in Console (except for ones that appear even on a successful launch), no nothing. If I run in Terminal, the same thing happens (icon in dock, icon gone from dock, no errors or crash reports), but the terminal window shows "exited with signal 11." Same as you can see in the log posted here.

Every time it happens, I try to come up with a few more ideas on what the cause might be, but every time I come up with nothing. A simple reboot always fixes it.
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

#12 User is offline   marvdhanoa Icon

• Account: marvdhanoa

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, It crashes when launching the game.

#13 User is offline   HongKongFuey Icon

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

Im on an older 2008 mac book and I used to play 4.1 for years with no problems . I have been trying to load 4.2 since the force over and have been only able to get the zip to download to my desk top . When selected it would open to frozen sands logo page with music and have the game option toggles showing . When play game or any other choices was selected the game will flash between multi sizes pop up screens repeatedly ( like its trying to mount game) but I have to force quit it because it never fully opens . Another mac error was that files " are corrupt" and it gives a link to a non existent URT link . I can not get 4.1 to load again off of gammers hell either since my upgrade , like yours it will bounce as if it is mounting but thats all it does . Updater is also buggy no matter where i load it from it does nothing except bounce and disappear . The only thing I haven't tried is to uninstall all updates and re try it, not a good option because my mac actually runs better with the new system except for I lost my hp 940 c desk printer drivers ... Just a side note , I have an older mac pro (same era) with no new updates and it can still play 4.1 but is also unable to load and execute the 4.2 version . Fuey

#15 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Main tag:

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 23 February 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

Temporary fix: set the cvar r_ignorehwgamma to 1 in your config file. It should avoid the crash at game launch.

The crash can't be fixed in the engine code, it is a problem between SDL 1.2 and OSX 10.9. The only long term fix would be to upgrade the engine to SDL2.

I'll try this next time it decides to start crashing. :smile:

I spent a while yesterday trying everything I could think of, including turning all the SDL knobs I could find, but still nothing useful. I eventually caused my system to crash and the inevitable restart got UrT working again like usual, so my hunt for a bug was forcibly ended there. :wacko:

Shouldn't be very long before it decides to stop working again and I'll try r_ignorehwgamma and report back.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#17 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Main tag:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

Oddly enough, it hasn't yet crashed on startup. ...which is good, I guess :happy:

I installed 10.9.2 on the day it was released (Feb 25th). In the details, there are some audio/video related updates. Maybe something relevant to this issue was changed/fixed? I don't really know how to investigate that possibility further.

I still have r_ignorehwgamma set to 0, so if it ever does happen again I can try toggling.

I frequently test and toggle other settings in my config, so it's possible I changed something else that has an effect, but that doesn't seem too likely. Since the last time UrT was crashing, these are the settings I've changed and actually kept:
Spoiler

#18 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Main tag:

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

I finally had this happen to me again and flipping r_ignorehwgamma on worked; it started up fine with no reboot or any other action.

#19 User is offline   hawkeyepl Icon

• Account: hawkeyepl

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Till yesterday I was playing UT on Maverick today it doesn'y working.

Could anyone help me understand where I will find this config file I don't know anything about programing, so I'm stuck.

EDIT: It takes me 30 minutes to figure out. It's alive.

This post has been edited by hawkeyepl: 26 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

#20 User is offline   afrman Icon

• Account: afrman

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 16 February 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:

I'm trying to track down this issue but I haven't been able to reproduce it so far on my Macbook Air (10.9.1 Mavericks). Is the crash happening when launching the game or when loading a map? It seems that there are two different issues.

I'm on Mac OSX 10.9.3 Maverick and each time I launch UrT I downloaded before ( latest version ) the game crashes. The game is launched but I can't progress to the main menu : it stops on the "Frozen Sands" animation broken and spread everywhere on the screen with a bugged sound... I can do nothing except shut down computer power... very bothering : I can't play my favourite game...
help me please !
“Le raisonnement est aussi naturel à l'homme que le vol aux oiseaux.”
Quintilien

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942