• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gun Nerfing Rate Topic: -----

Gun accuracy/damage adjustments

#1 User is offline   crazyyhedgehog Icon

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

Alright community... It's been awhile since I've played this game and I am happy to see it continue seeing development done... But are we moving in the right direction? How come no old schoolers around, no leagues, no competition and the game has changed drastically...

Well let's get started. Current version 4.2.018.

Most modes played are CTF and TS still.
Most Guns used LR-300/M4 and SR-8.

But let's see how things have changed for these weapons over time...
LR-300 -> nothing much changed? You can still triple wall jump and 360 double headshot across the map or slide(?!) full speed and get a double kill with 6-8 bullets perfect accuracy...
M4 -> nothing much changed? More accurate than LR-300. Everything else see above LR-300.

SR-8 -> it appears with every release things are going pro-automatic gun choice and SR8 is getting nerfed more and more... A big picture comparison.. LR300/M4 is more of a Quake style and SR8 is more of an AWP in original CS.

So how can we change it? This is a suggestion section do NOT delete this thread.

1) Decrease accuracy of Automatic Guns. LR300/M4 on Jumps/Wall-jumps/Slides... Nerf it same way you nerfed SR8.
2) Decrease damage based on distance. Head shotting across the map with an automatic should not be allowed. Nerf it.
3) Bring back quick scopes to SR8, remove unzoom. Keep the knock back but keep zoomed. Increase limp damage to 98%.
4) Allow quick weapon switch for SR8 without reloading the bullet.
5) Remove moving penalty on SR8.
6) Increase damage on shotgun, the weapon is completely useless now...
7) Optimize FPS? I can't believe I get stable 125FPS in Quake Live and Call of duty 4 but I can't anything above 70fps in UrT 4.2?
8) And let's bring back double primary!
9) We should be going back to the roots/improving it... It appears that every release we are really moving away with what Urban Terror used to be... CS + QUAKE... It was so much fun...

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Hm. some long post:

View Postcrazyyhedgehog, on 12 May 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

How come no old schoolers around, no leagues, no competition and the game has changed drastically...

huh? i dont play this game long enough to judge if many old schoolers left (like i only play for 4.5 years...), but i can tell you that there are still competitions and leagues - though i dont play in any. Most problem is probably UrT lacking popularity/public awareness. Wait for HD i'd say :P

Well let's get started. Current version 4.2.018.

Most modes played are CTF and TS still.
Most Guns used LR-300/M4 and SR-8.

Gametypes: This is a player/community decision. Though i guess most server are actually TDM.
Guns: Well. yeah. over the years everybody started LR/sr8.

LR-300 -> nothing much changed? You can still triple wall jump and 360 double headshot across the map or slide(?!) full speed and get a double kill with 6-8 bullets perfect accuracy...
M4 -> nothing much changed? More accurate than LR-300. Everything else see above LR-300.

SR-8 -> it appears with every release things are going pro-automatic gun choice and SR8 is getting nerfed more and more... A big picture comparison.. LR300/M4 is more of a Quake style and SR8 is more of an AWP in original CS.

Yes, LR/M4 are like the same with a different feeling, uber accurate hits are the UrT i know anyway (4.x)

1) Decrease accuracy of Automatic Guns. LR300/M4 on Jumps/Wall-jumps/Slides... Nerf it same way you nerfed SR8.
2) Decrease damage based on distance. Head shotting across the map with an automatic should not be allowed. Nerf it.
3) Bring back quick scopes to SR8, remove unzoom. Keep the knock back but keep zoomed. Increase limp damage to 98%.
4) Allow quick weapon switch for SR8 without reloading the bullet.
5) Remove moving penalty on SR8.
6) Increase damage on shotgun, the weapon is completely useless now...
7) Optimize FPS? I can't believe I get stable 125FPS in Quake Live and Call of duty 4 but I can't anything above 70fps in UrT 4.2?
8) And let's bring back double primary!

1) hm, this is UrT the way i know it. i dont want some random MW3 style hitting. But actually the only point is that in UrT the first bullet from an Automatic will always hit the center of your crosshair, so combined with spread control guns are pretty accurate.
2)Damage over Distance: Not with idtech3. Headshots accros the map: well. 'not allowed' what do you mean, like a mechanic that DENIES your hit, or more inaccurate/random guns?
3)You can quickscope with the sr8, though i would love 98% dmg on a groin hit. Safe kills :). Also, i like the unzoom thing, more at point 4
4)this would be pretty cool. though i would like a way to disable it, since i imagine i would press the weaponswitch directly after firing and the try to do a sr8 kill with a not loaded sr8... :)
5)There was already a beta for this, and it was pretty good, so maybe(/probably) we will already get this in 4.2.02x
6)hm. yeah. shotgun seems random. knockback is huge, but sometimes you wonder where all your damage went, like 80% of all pellets missed
7)I got constand 126 FPS. Ok. i got a pretty decent machine. But i agree, 4.2 fps are worse than in 4.1.
8)Oh yeah sure. so i can go lr AND sr8. isnt this a bit contrary to your point 1?
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Megalodon Icon

• Account: megalodon

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

NO PLEASE.
JUST NO.
IMO, urt is very fun!
It is VERY unique FPS BECAUSE of the great mobility!
Think of it, most people play because of the mobility!
What other FPS has wall jump, wall grab, circle jumping
ICE JUMPING, JUMP MAPS and MORE!
I really like URT because it is a FAST PACED GAME.
You can earn lots of kills by playing smart, even if your alone
you can rack up some kills without dying yourself.
Thats what makes it fun.

#4 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

The only thing I would do to the LR/M4 would be to make them have slightly different spread, recoil and shoot speeds

LR should shoot slightly faster, but have more spread and recoil

M4 could be slightly slower shooting, but have slightly less spread and recoil than the LR

#5 User is offline   crimzon Icon

• Account: crimzon
  • Main tag: ]h3[

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

You kinda compare it to other games. Urban Terror is an unique game.
I guess it's too risky to do another "big" change of UrT, it's a very tiny community. Many people would like it - other people wont like it.. lastly we would just lose more players.

This post has been edited by crimzon: 14 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

Agree. I love UrT because of its unique gameplay.

though i still think/like to think that m4 and lr are actually different. at least they feel like ...
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#8 User is offline   crimzon Icon

• Account: crimzon
  • Main tag: ]h3[

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:03 AM

Hahaha :D

#9 User is offline   crazyyhedgehog Icon

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:29 AM

1) Good that there are changes coming. SR8 needs to be revived.
2) Lose players? Players been lost due to too many changes and gun nerfing done over the years. You start changing it back, people will start coming back as well :)

The game is fun. But it needs to be as fun as it was... CTF was amazing with non-nerfed sr8 and m4 :)

#10 User is offline   oas Icon

• Account: oas

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

1) Bad idea. This is Urban Terror and aiming while moving requires skill.
2) Always the same damages = you can know when ur ennemy will "bleed".
3) At the moment, u can do so if u get some skills w/ this weapon. 98% = useless, 97% is fine.
4) Nope.
5) Nope.
6) SPAS-12 overpowered at the moment (ur opponent bleed, doesn't know where to aim etc) but it's fine.
7) I don't think that this is very easy to do...
8) Double primary... Hmm. 1 clip is enough to kill at least 3 opponents so... why ?
9) ?

Gameplay perfect at the moment.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942