• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rejected for bad challenge Rate Topic: -----

cannot connect any servers

#11 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostNitro, on 12 June 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

Does your Internet Provider happen to use NAT routing on its network?

Hello, thanks for reply :) i just call them and yes, they use NAT

Now i have "auth server not available": i was trying to see if the bad challenge show up in very low ping server (i have 18/20 in some case) and check in some high ping server too.

Regards,
Redneck

EDIT: my auth key will only work in some server but it's not related to ping, seems a bit... random :S hope to fix with your support :)

This post has been edited by redneck ita: 14 June 2014 - 11:06 AM

#12 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

Sorry but i have to bump again: my new clan leader and jump master Azmo told me that he have NAT in all of his connections and still can play authed without problems... i really don't know how to do but i really need my auth key :(

Following the link posted by Iynque i came accross this http://www.urbanterr...ge-for-address/ which in post #2 talk about IP/port mismatch or in #4 that might be a timing issue... i believe more in this second options since i can see a 18 ping in a lot of srv, but how to fix?

Please help this newB :P

#14 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

I don't understand, nearly everyone should be behind a NAT... I am and my auth still works, while the service is up. Are you sure it's not just that the service is down? It still seems to go down daily for a period of time.

EDIT: Sorry I see you mean NAT at the ISP.

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 25 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

#15 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

Uhm, yes i am sure 'cause on eflose.de the auth is working while on other servers no, thus when auth is down in the main screen there's message in red but in my case i see the welcome message, clan tag, nick etc.

As i said above, /dev/azmo told me that he have NAT in both of his connection and his auth key work just fine...

So, for now, i have to wait and play without auth? Cool...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: dsz

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostIye, on 07 June 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

btw. net_port is a server option that has no influence on you as a client

Actually it got, by putting this command in to autoexec.cfg you forcing YOUR client to connect from port which you put in net_port (default for everyone is 27960, you can check it on server by /rcon status) if you trying connect from one PC 2 times or sometimes from 2 different PC in same network to for example local network game server then only first faster client will connect to the server so there is a conflict.

Its even good to change for any different port from 1024 to 65xxx.

BTW: anyone who got some router in network (but not in bridge mode) is behind NAT, some weird things can happen if ISP gives not public IP but local one so there will be double NAT but that shouldnt be a problem too, only if game doesnt need direct connection.

Always when got problems like that is good thing to connect directly to the network ofc if can do it without any routers/switches and if ISP allow for that etc etc. Close antivirus/firewall.

#18 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostD SZ, on 25 June 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

Always when got problems like that is good thing to connect directly to the network ofc if can do it without any routers/switches and if ISP allow for that etc etc. Close antivirus/firewall.

I will try to bypass the router ASAP (i don't really remember if i already tried...).

As for antivirus: negative -- Only GNU/Linux laptop for me! and for firewall in my case i have just ufw that block connections from the outside, no permission for single app :)

I don't really know all those stuff about networking, i'm just sad that i can't play authed :(

Any help is appreciated, bye! :D

#19 User is offline   DSZ Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: dsz

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostRaideR, on 25 June 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

Multi-Exit Point / ReNAT is fkn terrible ... ISPs need shooting!

Totally agree and hope is in ipv6.

View Postredneck ita, on 25 June 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

As for antivirus: negative -- Only GNU/Linux laptop for me! and for firewall in my case i have just ufw that block connections from the outside, no permission for single app :)

Well, from that you should start at the begining, ufw/iptables, any automatic block connections scripts, app-armor, SELinux etc should be disabled to be more sure of source of the problem.

#20 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

Good point D SZ, but if i connect another wifi with the same pc i can play authed without any trouble :(

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942