• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auth problem Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   divineee Icon

• Account: divineee

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Hello, i'm here to relate a problem that is always happening to me when i enter the game. It started to happen, and i don't know why, i know i just can't solve it, so i need your help. Every time i open urt, where it says "log in" on the 1st place, it's locked, i mean i can't click on it, and on my lower right it says "Sending authrequest to server". After 2 seconds it says "Auth error: authserver not available". The only way that the game might work, it's if I open the game twice. The 1st one will not work, but the 2nd will acept my auth.
I'd be thankful if someone could help me :)
Cheers

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

If i would have to guess i'd say that your firewall has a problem with UrT. Like it sandboxes UrT, but not the second instance, or something like that.

Also you could try getting a new authkey and pasting it into the authkey file in your
q3ut4 folder.

Anyway, you dont need auth to play. there is like two servers (i only remember casatown) that require you to be authed. So no real problem there.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   tampee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: tampee
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

I recommend deleting the authkey file in your ../q3ut/ folder.
Request a new auth-key: Go to your account profile, on the right you'll see MY GAME AUTH KEY link. Then hit GET A NEW AUTH KEY.
Open Urban Terror, bring down the console and type /auth-set <your_new_auth_key>
Restart the game with all your anti-virus / firewall programs disabled to test.
https://clan6th.com
teabagging everyday !

#4 User is offline   divineee Icon

• Account: divineee

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

Well, i've tryed to turn off my firewall and it still did the same error. But from the other side, i still play on a server on 4.1 and it happens the same, so i think that is not related with my actual authhey.
I just don't get it, why does it only work when I open the game twice, i mean the 2nd I open works perfectly, and on 4.1 the same, just gotta open it twice too.

#5 User is offline   Pirataloko Icon

• Account: pirataloko

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:35 AM

hola soy de argentina y tengo un problema , genere varias cuentas y eso hace que los server me kick , y me dicen que es por no estar registrado ,¿como hago para borrar mis cuentas ? necesito ayuda porfavor . gracias antetodo.

This post has been edited by Pirataloko: 14 September 2014 - 03:36 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   barfingskull Icon

• Account: barfingskull

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:57 AM

View Postdivineee, on 04 June 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

Hello, i'm here to relate a problem that is always happening to me when i enter the game. It started to happen, and i don't know why, i know i just can't solve it, so i need your help. Every time i open urt, where it says "log in" on the 1st place, it's locked, i mean i can't click on it, and on my lower right it says "Sending authrequest to server". After 2 seconds it says "Auth error: authserver not available". The only way that the game might work, it's if I open the game twice. The 1st one will not work, but the 2nd will acept my auth.
I'd be thankful if someone could help me :)
Cheers

I'm having the exact same problem. I re-checked my key, get the same authserver not found.

My firewall (router) hasn't changed, and it worked a day or two ago. I don't block any outgoing connection It's obviously working for other players, just not me.

Just so I can check, what's the address and port the auth server uses? I can try to telnet there, just to see if I can connect....

Alternatively, is there somewhere in the config this is set? Checked my q3config.cfg and I didn't see any entries for the auth server.

Thanks,
-BS

#7 User is offline   barfingskull Icon

• Account: barfingskull

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:31 AM

View Postbarfingskull, on 14 September 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

I'm having the exact same problem. I re-checked my key, get the same authserver not found.

My firewall (router) hasn't changed, and it worked a day or two ago. I don't block any outgoing connection It's obviously working for other players, just not me.

Just so I can check, what's the address and port the auth server uses? I can try to telnet there, just to see if I can connect....

Alternatively, is there somewhere in the config this is set? Checked my q3config.cfg and I didn't see any entries for the auth server.

Thanks,
-BS

Tried updating to the newest client. I think it's 4.2.019 or something? Ran the updater, got new update, got new auth key, no dice. Same error, no authserver available.

Seems suspicious to me that my auth stopped working when the update came out.

-BS

#8 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

the update was rolled out yesterday (2014/9/14) at around 1730 CEST.
and you had your problems before. not saying some serverside update could have caused them tho.

Anyway. i can still auth in .018, so...

I just don't get it, why does it only work when I open the game twice, i mean the 2nd I open works perfectly, and on 4.1 the same, just gotta open it twice too.

that sounds like a AV/firewall problem to me. Maybe your first client gets sandboxed before the firewall/AV realises it should be allowed. so the second one gets access.
tried adding UrT to your whitelist?
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#9 User is offline   BullDozer Icon

• Account: bulldozer

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:10 AM

I also experienced the same problem until today. I read this thread, got a new auth key and now all works again.

#10 User is offline   Hardc0re Icon

• Account: hardc0re

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

I get new auth key and nothing :( . I dont know what to do.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942